Author Topic: Scatter Inquiry  (Read 423 times)

2022-11-30, 17:10:52

miacreed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

My question is pretty straightforward. I'm using two different scatters on the same surface. I'm using VertexPaint to distribute objects on this surface. But I need to use two different Vertex Color maps as the two different scatters should not distribute the objects in the same way on the aforementioned surface.

I'm using two Vertex Paint mods on the same surface, but only the first one is working. I then plug a Vertex Color map into the Map slot under Surface Scattering in the Scatter settings.

In the Slate material editor, I tried to set the Map Channel in the Vertex Color map to the same number as the Map Channel in the Vertex Paint modifier, but it isn't working for some reason.

Ideas on how to use two difdferent Vertex Paints to two different Scatters in the same scene?

I hope I was able to articulate that question propoerly.

2022-11-30, 18:13:39
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you check if distribution object actually has vertex colour information in the channel that doesn't work for you? You can plug vertex colour map into diffuse slot and do a quick render to test this out.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-11-30, 18:49:05
Reply #2

miacreed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rom.

I ended up just trying different Map Channel #s until one seemed to work. It was working inversely though (Scattering on white and leaving black empty) So I used a CoronaColorCorrect map to invert the colors and plugged that map into the scattering slot instead.

Probably not the best fix, I guess I still dont understand map channels well enough, but it worked, so...

Thanks for your response :)
Mia

2022-11-30, 19:40:47
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Glad to hear you got it working. Full scattering on white and no scattering on black is actually correct behaviour, but of course further modification of vertex colours (or any other texmap) with colour correct node to suit your needs, is totally fine.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures