Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Faster Rendering

(1/3) > >>

Alex Abarca:
Hello Corona Team,

Can you make your render engine faster by making a global scene Rayswitch checkbox under render settings> scene tab? Let will let the user decide?

Aram Avetisyan:
Hi,

What is the purpose of it? Corona is as fast as it can possible be, without compromising the quality and accuracy of physical phenomenons.
If there was a way to make it faster through invisible ray-switch setup, it would have already been there.

If you want to make rendering faster, for a specific scene, it is better to understand what are the problematic parts in the scene, causing the slowdown.
From what you are saying, I think you can try RaySwitch in material override slot, can't you?

maru:
I am also curious what exactly you mean by "global rayswitch". If you mean making GI black = effectively removing it, you can do the same thing by setting both the primary and the secondary light solver to "None" in Render Setup > Performance.

Alex Abarca:
Hi Maru, I am referring to removing all physical properties from the RS material and make everything a neutral color, lets say 160,160,160. This will alter the physical appearance and GI, that's why I said let the user decide. Its like the material override just rayswitch everything.

davetwo:
This already exists as material override or whatever its called

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version