Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

amount of lights and viewport/max performance

<< < (2/3) > >>

TomG:
TY for the extra info! Was just wondering if there's an option to hide the lights in the viewport (but not from in the scene as regards rendering, so not hiding the objects, but excluding them from being shown in the viewport).

pokoy:
It could be 3ds max problem more than anything else - some helper types are known to slow down viewports.

As Tom says, lights can be hidden in the viewports and still render with the 'Render hidden lights' option checked in Corona's renderer setting.

clemens_at:
I have the exact same problem, in my case its mostly disk lights with an ies. First I thought it was the ies but I think its more a max problem like pokoy pointed out. 
Viewport performance with 100+ lights is unbearable so I just filter them in the viewport. Its still a pain if you have to change something and make them visible again though...

GeorgeK:
Although this could be related to max viewport handling, if there is a chance this can be further improved, I believe it's something worth looking into!

(Report ID=CRMAX-1602)

burnin:
More segments lights have, more noise is produced, more energy it takes to simulate physically correct light transport and less rays are sampled in same amount of time.
(see attached example w/ Corona For C4D v9daily)

Any improvement is always welcome :)
In this regard, have you done any experimenting or research with physics-based differentiable rendering?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version