Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Please Help Me Get The Corona Alpha Working On My Mac

(1/2) > >>

mitchino:
Ever since the Alpha for Mac c4d came out I've been trying to get it working, and it never has.

I first tried Alpha RC1 with r17 and El Capitan, crashed every time I created a new material.

Then tried Alpha RC2 with r18 and El Capitan, crashed every time I created a new material.

Now I've installed Sierra 10.12.1, c4d r18.028, and Alpha RC3, this give an error on install.

I'd love to try Corona, but just get nowhere every time I try! Anyone got any helpful suggestions?

maru:
Have you ever reported this, contacted us about this? Even now, you are not providing us with any useful info:

--- Quote ---Now I've installed Sierra 10.12.1, c4d r18.028, and Alpha RC3, this give an error on install.
--- End quote ---
What kind of error? A screenshot would be nice. What exactly is happening? What are you doing before the error pops up?

Nikola:

--- Quote from: mitchino on 2016-12-02, 13:12:57 ---Ever since the Alpha for Mac c4d came out I've been trying to get it working, and it never has.

I first tried Alpha RC1 with r17 and El Capitan, crashed every time I created a new material.

Then tried Alpha RC2 with r18 and El Capitan, crashed every time I created a new material.

Now I've installed Sierra 10.12.1, c4d r18.028, and Alpha RC3, this give an error on install.

I'd love to try Corona, but just get nowhere every time I try! Anyone got any helpful suggestions?

--- End quote ---

Hi,

We fixed the problem with crashing materials yesterday. Please download a new package from the link in post https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14009.0.html.

If you will have an installation problem with this package, please run the following command from the directory where you have installation package in terminal and put here the output of this command.

--- Code: ---sudo installer -dumplog -verboseR -target LocalSystem -pkg Corona4D-a6-rc4-mac.pkg
--- End code ---

mitchino:
Thanks for the swift replies - that new alpha build is working - I still get an error message at the end of installation, but when I open c4d the plug-in works.

Got a couple more questions though - if I use c4d's IPR it just sits there showing a black box, until I hover the mouse over it, then it updates. It seems to update once to a fairly rough state, whereas if I render to the picture viewer then I get a progressive render.

The Corona VFB also gives me a progressive render when I hit the render button.

Is there anyway to have either the c4d IPR or the Corona VFB update automatically when I move the camera or an object or edit a texture etc etc? Or is this coming in a later Alpha?

mitchino:
I hear alpha 5 for c4d is out - where can I download the latest version?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version