Author Topic: Northern Shelter  (Read 2090 times)

2020-06-01, 11:16:02

Denis Guchev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Software: 3dsmax, Adobe Photoshop, Speedtree, World Machine, Quixel megascans
Behance: https://www.behance.net/gallery/98094001/Northern-shelter

2020-06-01, 15:29:23
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Woah, this is an explosion of color and texture. A nice change from the usual toned and desaturated archviz!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-06-01, 19:40:52
Reply #2

razvanux

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Narrative Images
To many details in the same image. If you use so many details in the close up don't use also cumulus clouds in the back . They for  form outside of main land. In this case on the seaside .
Sometime : Less is more.
The images could be great if had different clouds in back .

2020-06-02, 18:17:30
Reply #3

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To many details in the same image. If you use so many details in the close up don't use also cumulus clouds in the back . They for  form outside of main land. In this case on the seaside .

I completely disagree with you here.

It is clear that the artist didn't go for a traditional 3 plane composition here with blurred foreground and background, but instead chose to portray the architecture and the landscape in all of it's glory. With that in mind, I believe that having a dramatic sky and lots of details in both textures, entourage and key objects of the image makes it visually and conceptually interesting and contributes to the overall story. While quite often having this many dominant colors and/or textures in an image can result in imbalance, I would say that this time they do play together really well.

Great job on matte painting the image! I always love a little bit of a side-story in architectural visualizations :)

2020-06-03, 16:21:34
Reply #4

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I disagree, I think the issue is just a slight lack of distance haze/fog as the mountains are looking a bit too super sharp as if the air is particulate free.
Vray who?

2020-06-07, 01:47:15
Reply #5

razvanux

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Narrative Images
If you have to many things in  the background you lose the focus on the building. If the focus is not on your house then it looks perfect. The night view looks perfect because the focus stay's on the  house .