Author Topic: Living Divani  (Read 3490 times)

2020-05-18, 21:18:50

vblackrender.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

I want to post an older project. I made a small animation for this scene and I want to share it with you.

2020-05-20, 16:10:13
Reply #1

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The lighting and tone mapping looks really natural and almost too good to be true in this one. I can sort of see that the scene was slightly underexposed and you probably adjusted it in post but could you elaborate a little bit more about the setup here? I know it's the most boring question to ask but it's always interesting to hear how different artists approach these subjects.

Once again, the quality is superb, well done :)

2020-05-21, 19:13:49
Reply #2

vblackrender.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your kind words. To be true there is no postpro. Only Tonemapping in Corona, nothing spectacular.

2020-05-22, 08:57:11
Reply #3

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your kind words. To be true there is no postpro. Only Tonemapping in Corona, nothing spectacular.

you are a magician ... very beautiful.

2020-05-22, 09:55:40
Reply #4

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I guess the saying 'less is more' really applies here then :)

There's something about this overcast lighting that makes it stand out from some other archviz renders here on the forum. Really seems like you just walked around the apartment with your phone or some average camera and filmed it.

2020-05-26, 12:51:51
Reply #5

monkriss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
May I ask what lighting you are using? Is this jsut an overcast HDRI?
What sort of blur/sharpening settings are you using?

This has blown me away. The animation is breathtaking!

2020-05-27, 00:32:11
Reply #6

vblackrender.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you are a magician ... very beautiful.

Not really, but thank you! :D

I guess the saying 'less is more' really applies here then :)

There's something about this overcast lighting that makes it stand out from some other archviz renders here on the forum. Really seems like you just walked around the apartment with your phone or some average camera and filmed it.

Its often the case that the simplest lighting methods have the best results. One strong keylight from one side and strong shadows.

I have used area lights in front of the windows but put them really high for that special mood. You can find a video on my channel, where I show how I did the realistic camera movement and how I create the lighting.

May I ask what lighting you are using? Is this jsut an overcast HDRI?
What sort of blur/sharpening settings are you using?

This has blown me away. The animation is breathtaking!

Thank u much! It should be possible with an overcast sky, but in this case I have used only area lights. The "blur/sharpening" effect in the tonemapping where off. You can see my tonemapping also on my channel, on my "how to" video for this animation.

2020-05-27, 04:32:54
Reply #7

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work man, I just had a look at the breakdown vid - the tonemapping settings are quite similar to dubcats ACES settings but I see you are using an additional LUT, may I ask which one you're using?

Cheers
Vray who?

2020-05-29, 02:01:47
Reply #8

vblackrender.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That lut should be from the dubcat thread. I have reuploaded it, if you want to try it out.

2020-05-29, 03:58:31
Reply #9

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That lut should be from the dubcat thread. I have reuploaded it, if you want to try it out.

Thanks man, I'll definitely test it out.
Vray who?