Author Topic: BUG?: Transparent objects in Render Elements  (Read 2349 times)

2015-01-17, 14:07:17

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Certain Objects simply disappear in the Renderelements + Possible performance loss for culling not happening in render elements
All have normal CoronaMtl, Object propeties are not changed from defaults, missing objects Materials are neither Multi/sub, onesided nor thin geometry (planes)
Did I screw something up?

Max 2015 sp2, 13.01.15 daily build

Dumped all Elements here, incase needed:
http://www.saires.de/server/elements.rar
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2015-01-17, 14:43:06
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
by any chance, did you opened the scene on older build than where it was last saved? For example A7 -> daily -> A7 -> daily?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-17, 16:31:38
Reply #2

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Yes D:
Started building it with 7.2 and switched to daily (and possibly saved one time while reverting to 7.2 to test out the missing gamma checkbox and went back to daily, but even if I saved the scene accidentily during that time, I didnt change anything in the scene itself, exept some testrenders)

2015-01-17, 16:40:57
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
unfortunately when going back sometimes the "visible to mask" checkbox gets unchecked. New dailies should have this fixed, you you need to check that checkbox on all materials (AFAIK there is a script for it somewhere on the forum)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-17, 17:00:10
Reply #4

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
unfortunately when going back sometimes the "visible to mask" checkbox gets unchecked. New dailies should have this fixed, you you need to check that checkbox on all materials (AFAIK there is a script for it somewhere on the forum)
Thank you, fellow coffee addict.