Author Topic: Please help to identify the texture  (Read 2871 times)

2019-05-08, 02:11:02

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Hello!
Please help me to identify and probably find the proper texture. The trouble is that client claims this has to be the terrazzo material and gives ref image, that attached here. But the Internet search shows the terrazzo is different!

Please help me find the texture as on attached image

2019-05-08, 11:01:04
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it's granite panels something like this
https://www.rudischoice.co.za/portofolio/ivory-pearl/
i think you can make texture from photo or  ask where client will buy materials and take texture from site.

https://images.stylebyemilyhenderson.com/SBEH_Images/2018/07/Emily-Henderson_Mountain-Fixer_Trend_Tiny-Bubble-Sconce_7-2500x3750.jpg

2019-05-08, 11:01:17
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Every terrazzo is different, since it's composite material produced by artisans.
For pure texturing purpose & pleasure there's Substance Terrazzo generator ...
« Last Edit: 2019-05-08, 13:34:34 by burnin »

2019-05-08, 12:01:39
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it's limestone or maybe shell limestone. If you google limestone you'll get many very similar results.

2019-05-08, 12:56:41
Reply #4

SHORT CUTS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • SHORT CUTS
Dont care what the client is calling it, if he provides a sample image like this only take care that you match the look and dont mind the name he's throwing in.

I would probably start with something like this as my base texture: https://www.textures.com/download/marblebase0017/131224?q=granite and do some adjustemnts to match the reference.

2019-05-08, 14:02:37
Reply #5

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I'm pretty sure it's limestone or maybe shell limestone. If you google limestone you'll get many very similar results.
I think we are deceived by two different textures in the scene.
The basin is made in marble, showing the typical marble / limestone streaks. But the walls are terazzo, as there are no such streaks, but the typical cut up pieces of quartz / Glass / whatever they put into it.
See image attached.

But at the end of the day we are pixel peeping on a render, not a photo. So nothing we say actually matters, only the wishes of the client.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-08, 14:06:57 by SairesArt »
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2019-05-08, 16:02:23
Reply #6

jrgby

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-05-08, 22:56:22
Reply #7

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For those interested in natural VS artificial matter ;)

The thing about terrazzo - nowadays you can make it look whatever you like. It's also much cheaper than stone ;) the show off are finer details. ie beveled/soft edges vs hard cuts and other imperfections on stone. Terrazzo is also finer polished, really glossy & better detailed since it's softer, easier to form as it also includes resin. Pure natural stone always reveals imperfections as small crackles, fogginess, some roughness no matter what. That's the Nature of & in it. Everything flows and it all grows, decays. The softer the stone is, the better the microscopic anomalies can be observed. Which also makes it cheaper, less hard to work on. Same goes for wood, even gems & precious stones - unless naturally occurring, geologically formed micro veins & crackles are filled with other substances or specially treated with extreme heat - which makes it very costly. But then, how can you know since you can't observe, experience it in any common household. All modern matter you can touch and look at is concrete, metal, glass & plastics... and of course, pixels - the matrix is already your belief, your truth.

2019-09-03, 17:42:03
Reply #8

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Thank you everyone! There were so much anxious moment during this project so I somehow forgot about this thread :(

But now I reread it and it is a great help even now!

2019-09-05, 12:28:15
Reply #9

brankonovakovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile