Author Topic: CXR File Save  (Read 20226 times)

2017-07-31, 10:59:01
Reply #15

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi Mike,
you are totally right. I just did some further test. The CXR from render output is identical to the CXR from CXR button.
Thanks very much.
You are welcome. ;-)
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-12-03, 19:25:54
Reply #16

Lacapra3D

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey,
I could i save the CXR file in automatic? could be possible to save it as a render element
for example if i send different files with Batch Render or Backburner to render overnight at the end i'm not able to find the corrispondent cxr file.

2019-07-15, 02:23:51
Reply #17

GeorgeR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Knowing that CXR will open in Photoshop if treated as an EXR, is there a way to get Photoshop to do this other than File->Open As (as this doesn't work for smart object linking)? Alternatively, can we get Corona to save out with the EXR extension but treat it as a CXR file?

2019-07-15, 14:14:29
Reply #18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if it helps, but you can just rename the file from .cxr to .exr, and anything that can load .exrs will load it (rather than doing the File/Open As).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-09-11, 10:31:31
Reply #19

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
I want to come back to an earlier statement that the RE-CXR's would also be "dumped" in place, together with the original CXR that already contains those elements.

Isn't it possible, to add a corona-button that allows to force read the render elements if they were turned off, so they are included in the render but not in the max-hemisphere a.k.a. "active".

Is this scriptable?

Reason I'm asking is because I have animations running, and I'm using the batch-process script to create different lighting skeemes from one CXR-file. Which works great for me personally (having trouble with the denoising still but I'm getting there)

With all those render elements attached, the amount of Gb's being eaten on my server is no joke. I'm taking in 200Gb easily after rendering a one minute animation with all it's clips.

That's 200Gb of "junk" I need to manually remove every time clips render out. These are 720p CXR's. I'm currently working on a 1080p animation and I'm holding my breath...

2019-11-27, 14:23:59
Reply #20

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Hello guys,

I stumbled upon this issue lately too and believe found a pretty good workaround :)
All that is needed is to set path of every single element on same location and same file. So for example if I have 20 elements I would path them all to C:/pass.jpg - this is going to make saving of excessive elements much faster and in the end there is only one file to delete - as they all replace the same pass.jpg while saving.
Othervise original CXR file working normally with all elements inside.

Cheers!

2019-11-28, 15:08:44
Reply #21

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Code: [Select]
I stumbled upon this issue lately too and believe found a pretty good workaround :)
All that is needed is to set path of every single element on same location and same file. So for example if I have 20 elements I would path them all to C:/pass.jpg - this is going to make saving of excessive elements much faster and in the end there is only one file to delete - as they all replace the same pass.jpg while saving.
Othervise original CXR file working normally with all elements inside.

It works!! thanks,
and there is a simple script that set path of every single element on same location and same file?

2019-11-28, 15:31:57
Reply #22

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Code: [Select]
re = maxOps.GetCurRenderElementMgr()
for i = 0 to re.NumRenderElements()  do re.SetRenderElementFilename i "E:/tempE\cxr\xxx.cxr"

tu put on .ms file