Author Topic: How much to charge for commercial rendering service?  (Read 17238 times)

2016-04-19, 05:32:21
Reply #15

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I split my costs in 2 categories.

Modelling cost
+
rendering cost (image and/or movie)

Just got a new contract for a project in Dubai. They only want 1 image (more industrial design than architecture this time) so that's 1650$ for the image and 1000$ for the modeling.
It's a bummer to model everything for one image only tho :-(

2016-04-19, 05:55:57
Reply #16

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi philippelamoureux,
I see, that's hurt enough. I never got a job with one image only like you did, then now i'll think about it, thanx ;)

Modelling cost
+

Just got a new contract for a project in Dubai. They only want 1 image (more industrial design than architecture this time) so that's 1650$ for the image and 1000$ for the modeling.
that's quite high number I think, but may i know, Is that one image project for an interior residence or commercial like restaurant? how large the area?
thanx :)

2016-04-20, 00:41:56
Reply #17

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Modelling cost
+

Splitting the cost into two sections is a very good idea.
I will adopt this strategy. It makes sense.

2016-04-20, 09:51:03
Reply #18

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi philippelamoureux,
I see, that's hurt enough. I never got a job with one image only like you did, then now i'll think about it, thanx ;)

Modelling cost
+

that's quite high number I think, but may i know, Is that one image project for an interior residence or commercial like restaurant? how large the area?
thanx :)

I said we ''got'' but it's still pending for approval but it's looking good I'd say. It's a bit high but you must consider that it's a bridge for a marina. I have to model the bridge in HQ, some docks, a beach, a floating restaurant and a hotel on the shore. That's a lot of modeling to only make 1 render. It's a close up on the bridge but I still need a good environment around it!