Author Topic: Rebusfarm Shared Shader Error!  (Read 3444 times)

2021-04-11, 14:32:30

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi friends at Corona team,
I wish it's not a thread bumping, but I still get pluginshader error in Rebusfarm, I tried to save a copy of the scene without shared shaders (in Corona material node) and also tried loading all bitmaps one by one but I still get this error, some of the errors disappeared but I still get them. Any clue?

2021-04-11, 19:32:17
Reply #1

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-04-11, 21:14:48
Reply #2

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Just thought I'd bump in on this. I have used Rebus for a long time and would strongly recommend using another renderfarm for Corona. I mainly use Pixelplow or Ranch. MUCH better support for Corona. :-) John

2021-04-11, 23:37:46
Reply #3

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks man for advice and sharing experience, I could feel it by getting no support at the weekend. But the farms you mentioned are pretty experience, that's right?

2021-04-12, 09:59:33
Reply #4

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

firstly, please note that us at Corona, we work primarily during the work-weeks, therefore user support is limited during the weekends.
Secondly, we are aware of this issue with Rebus farm, and for now we recommend not using "shared shaders" inside your materials, that means, to not have one node output connected to multiple other node inputs (= copy the shared nodes and have 1:1 assign ratio). I am attaching an image with a very simple example.
I know this can be very tedious for a large amount of materials, but it is the only workaround at this point.

Thank you,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-04-12, 19:30:38
Reply #5

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi man,

I know what's a shared material and I tried all methods but I still get that error!

2021-04-12, 19:51:13
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You'd have to use the "save without shared shaders" option - shared shaders are hidden for simplicity in working with and viewing materials, so simply disconnecting a shader that went into two materials and setting it just to go into one will likely still leave it a shared shader behind the scenes. Save without shared shaders strips all that out.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-04-12, 20:45:20
Reply #7

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,

Thanks man, I have done that one as well, the screenshot error I attached here is even the result of after saving the scene from Corona material node as a new unshared scene. I see that many people suggest this as the final solution, but it doesn't work for me really! I don't know the reason...

2021-04-12, 20:51:18
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear that - just to check, did you do C4Ds native "remove unused shaders" before doing the "save without shared shaders"? Apologies if you already tried that, just seeing what I can think of that might help.

(Another thing might be remove unused, save without shared, new scene, merge everything into the new scene... again in case there's some stray shared shader that we can get eliminated as we go)

2021-04-12, 22:43:21
Reply #9

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom,
I had done that one as well but still the problem persists, for this project I tried Octane to don't lose the time. As I mentioned some friends also mention the instability of Rebusfarm, I don't know really...

2021-04-12, 22:49:23
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you (or have you) send us the scene, via private uploader? That way we can have a look for where the shared shader seems to be getting stuck in place and not removed as expected (if you do share it, please post the filename here - also be sure to save scene with assets too, before zipping it and uploading the zipped version).

2021-04-13, 19:02:54
Reply #11

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,
Thanks for attention, I am uploading the file via private uploader. We cannot reveal the name of project here if it's not a problem. How can I inform you privately about the project? Also could you please check the animation status of this scene as well? This is exactly the animation I told you about having flickering in another forum.

2021-04-13, 19:32:55
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Howdy! You can email support@corona-renderer.com, with the link to the this thread, and the name of the uploaded file. Thanks!

2021-04-13, 20:15:26
Reply #13

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom, you know the private uploader doesn't let me to upload, it constantly results in bad request gateway, etc... is there any problem with it?

2021-04-13, 20:47:41
Reply #14

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nothing that I know of, no. This is the dropbox uploader, for large files, right?