Author Topic: Forest Pack Pro new EDGE option  (Read 34213 times)

2015-08-16, 17:11:29
Reply #30

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
This is superb news...
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-08-16, 17:47:51
Reply #31

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
will be implemented on Itoo's side
Maybe I'm not the most patient man in the world but did they give a timeframe for it to be implemented there side. If not then I'll go to the forum and ask.

2015-08-16, 22:07:42
Reply #32

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I got some, but I was asked not to share it, because it might change. You can go ahead and ask them ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-08-17, 17:00:17
Reply #33

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, I done that anyway ;]  Their response.
http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=2789.msg11977#msg11977

We are working on a solution for Corona and Mental Ray, if all goes well you should see it in the forthcoming release of Forest Pack. I don't have a date for that at the moment I'm afraid, but Subscribers will be able to test the beta when it becomes available.

Many thanks!

Paul

Time for a....

2015-08-27, 11:34:32
Reply #34

mtanasiewicz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where is the "Like it" button?

2015-09-23, 14:18:29
Reply #35

filanek

• Users
    • View Profile
There is something I discovered by accident, I just used the script to convert my multiscatter grass, I use in vray scenes, there is vraydistance texture for "slicing" large patches of grass in opacity slot. Nice surprise was that corona supports this vray texture!

2015-09-24, 10:04:27
Reply #36

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Nice!
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2015-09-24, 10:56:12
Reply #37

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's not so nice when you see how it's killing performance, though. Nevertheless it's always better to have an option than not.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-11-18, 18:17:38
Reply #38

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Just tested Beta 5.0.1 + Max 2016 + Corona 1.3: Could not make edge mode work. Viewport preview (Ctrl+Click "Edge" radiobutton) shows a promising result. Itoo included Corona materials with Forest_Edge map in the opacity slot (a shell map to enable Corona and MR to use edge mode - happy coding DeadClown ;).

When I create a new Material using Forest_Edge in opacity slot, the material becomes completely invisible. The same happens when I untick Legacy mode in the provided  materials.

Edge mode works in MR now using Forest_Edge in fact. Was anyone successful with Corona yet? Or is still something missing at Coronas side?

Good Luck
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-11-19, 10:34:57
Reply #39

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
just great that corona has its own scatterer, itoo sometimes has issues with things disappearing and adds to the cost of paying for an extra software
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2015-11-19, 10:38:14
Reply #40

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
You know, I never tried CoronaScatter yet.... I'm intrigued to see how it works for simple things like rugs and grass etc. We've just finished a very complex FP-based project that CS would not have worked for but if CS is being developed quickly it could be a very good general solution.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2015-11-20, 16:10:04
Reply #41

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just tested Beta 5.0.1 + Max 2016 + Corona 1.3: Could not make edge mode work. Viewport preview (Ctrl+Click "Edge" radiobutton) shows a promising result. Itoo included Corona materials with Forest_Edge map in the opacity slot (a shell map to enable Corona and MR to use edge mode - happy coding DeadClown ;).

When I create a new Material using Forest_Edge in opacity slot, the material becomes completely invisible. The same happens when I untick Legacy mode in the provided  materials.

Edge mode works in MR now using Forest_Edge in fact. Was anyone successful with Corona yet? Or is still something missing at Coronas side?

Good Luck

I found a way around this is to load one FPs own presets, copy its material to mat.editor and since the presets have materials set up with Forest_edge in opacity channel, just copy&paste your own materials' maps over the preset materials diffuse etc slots, apply the customized preset materialto your own models/forest and it works.. doesn't even take that long to set up in the end. It's still strange that applying the Forest_Edge to your own materials bugs out.

2015-11-20, 18:59:18
Reply #42

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I think this only works since 5.0.2b. Edge mode of beta 5.0.1b didn´t worked at all in Corona.

Better to wait for a stable release :)
Good Luck!

2015-11-24, 13:34:58
Reply #43

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
It works perfectly with the new 5.02 ! an it seems very stable.

Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2015-11-24, 15:59:34
Reply #44

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Very nice! 30-50% performance drop in some average scene is quite expensive though. But it seems that Itoo drastically reduced the lag after selecting a forest object - even nicer :)

Good Luck!