Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42910 times)

2022-09-22, 11:19:29
Reply #105

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi
Unfortunately can't use two latest DBs (2022-09-13 and 2022-09-20) because of error I'm getting using IR.
I get a message that some bitmap was changed during the rendering and render had to be aborted (example attached). After that render stops. The thing is that I didn't change any bitmaps during the rendering.
This error repeats quite frequently with different "maps that were changed" and makes work with IR not efficient because IR has to be restarted again and again. So I reverted to the DB 2022-09-06 - it works without this error.

Max 2022.3. Win 10

I'm getting this error also with DB 09.06 Max 2021 WIN 10

Yep, I'm also getting this error since updating to latest daily. Max 2023.1
Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions, are your textures stored locally or on some network drive/gdrive or something similar?

Are you able to send any of these scenes over to us? If so I can PM you a link to upload it to me.

Thanks,

Rowan

Textures are stored on Dropbox (I know, I know, this isn't really recommended).

Btw; this is happening during IR.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-09-22, 11:28:59
Reply #106

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Can you see if this happens when the textures are stored loacally too?

Please also make sure that the dropbox folder in question is set to be "available offline" or however it is called.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-09-22, 12:04:39
Reply #107

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

Can you see if this happens when the textures are stored loacally too?

Please also make sure that the dropbox folder in question is set to be "available offline" or however it is called.

Cheers,

Rowan

The files are definitely located on the SSD (ie; available offline and not accessed via cloud), but it is possible that they were syncing at the time of error (but unlikely). Not sure if the error happens when Dropbox is paused.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-09-22, 16:31:44
Reply #108

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!

I've installed the latest build "chaos-corona-9-3dsmax-daily-2022-09-20" and last night I crashes/malfunction with the CIE app.
I had 8 CXR files to elaborate, once calculated I've opened the first one, I did my editing, saved it in TIFF 16bit and each time I was choosing another CXR to open the app was crashing/closing without giving any error. I've tried more times and I was having the same behavior. The only solution was to close manually the CIE and open it again for each image.

This happened to my home's workstation which has Win11.
Here in the office where we still use Win10 everything is fine and it works normally...

What could it be???

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

Could you send me over a couple of the CXR files for evaluation? I couldn't reproduce this issue here. I will drop you a link to upload files to me via PM

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-22, 17:22:47
Reply #109

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm running the DB from September 6 and experiences way more crashes than normal.  They almost always occur when IR is running and I change a material or when assigning a material.  Everything freezes for about 30 seconds, and then the normal crash box pops up that says you can attempt save the scene but then it crashes even further (and doesn't let you save the scene) and I get a strange error about dotnetbrowser and a chromium crash.

Windows 10, Sept 6 build of Corona, Forest Pack, Max 2022 latest SP.

I'll try to get a dump file or create a duplicatable situation, but was just curious if anyone else is seeing similar behavior with any of the newer DB's.

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi,

These crashes should be fixed now in the latest daily build. Can you please try it out and let me know if you still have issues?

You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203570#msg203570

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan - That crash is gone but has been replaced by another one that occurs when I'm moving geometry with IR running.  It blinks and hides all geometry for an instant and I only see my Corona sky for a second, and then crash to desktop.  Minidump uploaded to the same ticket #56513.

Thanks!
Daniel

EDIT:  Actually it seems to happen when I scale an object.
« Last Edit: 2022-09-22, 17:30:14 by danio1011 »

2022-09-22, 17:25:41
Reply #110

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan - That crash is gone but has been replaced by another one that occurs when I'm moving geometry with IR running.  It blinks and hides all geometry for an instant and I only see my Corona sky for a second, and then crash to desktop.  Minidump uploaded to the same ticket #56513.

Thanks!
Daniel
Well that's some kind of progress :(

I will try to reproduce it here and let you know if I need more info.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-22, 21:38:33
Reply #111

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all!

I've installed the latest build "chaos-corona-9-3dsmax-daily-2022-09-20" and last night I crashes/malfunction with the CIE app.
I had 8 CXR files to elaborate, once calculated I've opened the first one, I did my editing, saved it in TIFF 16bit and each time I was choosing another CXR to open the app was crashing/closing without giving any error. I've tried more times and I was having the same behavior. The only solution was to close manually the CIE and open it again for each image.

This happened to my home's workstation which has Win11.
Here in the office where we still use Win10 everything is fine and it works normally...

What could it be???

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

Could you send me over a couple of the CXR files for evaluation? I couldn't reproduce this issue here. I will drop you a link to upload files to me via PM

Cheers,

Rowan

Thanks, I've sent you the files!

2022-09-23, 03:28:33
Reply #112

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Unfortunately can't use two latest DBs (2022-09-13 and 2022-09-20) because of error I'm getting using IR.
I get a message that some bitmap was changed during the rendering and render had to be aborted (example attached). After that render stops. The thing is that I didn't change any bitmaps during the rendering.
This error repeats quite frequently with different "maps that were changed" and makes work with IR not efficient because IR has to be restarted again and again. So I reverted to the DB 2022-09-06 - it works without this error.

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions, are your textures stored locally or on some network drive/gdrive or something similar?

Are you able to send any of these scenes over to us? If so I can PM you a link to upload it to me.

Thanks,

Rowan

In my case all bitmaps are stored on local drives. After this post of yours I installed DB 2022-09-20 and working with it for some hours, but didn't get this error yet :) If I'll get it again I'll send you some example scene

2022-09-23, 10:42:42
Reply #113

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Rowan

In my case the files are stored on the same machine but on network mapped drives.

2022-09-26, 01:05:23
Reply #114

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Anyone else missing Chaos scatter?

It doesn't seem to install...

Have you found any solution to this? I've noticed that I miss it too.
Uninstall and install didn't helped!

Thanks -

2022-09-26, 07:33:18
Reply #115

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

Thanks -

This thread helped: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37057.msg203605#msg203605

The instructions were a tiny bit unclear (the link to the file is at the bottom of the post). But I got it working without too much hassle.

Good luck
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-09-26, 08:55:06
Reply #116

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have question about "Textures connected to CoronaPhysicalMtl, CoronaLegacyMtl, CoronaSkinMtl and CoronaHairMtl are now visualized in 3ds Max viewport (High quality viewport needs to be enabled)."

Are materials with triplanar also visible?

2022-09-26, 13:45:20
Reply #117

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Thanks -

This thread helped: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37057.msg203605#msg203605

The instructions were a tiny bit unclear (the link to the file is at the bottom of the post). But I got it working without too much hassle.

Good luck

Thanks! I'll try it too.

Take care!

2022-09-26, 14:16:37
Reply #118

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I have question about "Textures connected to CoronaPhysicalMtl, CoronaLegacyMtl, CoronaSkinMtl and CoronaHairMtl are now visualized in 3ds Max viewport (High quality viewport needs to be enabled)."

yes!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-09-27, 09:38:21
Reply #119

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile

yes!

Great news! Good job.