Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42937 times)

2022-09-20, 10:55:12
Reply #90

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I have no issues with colour picker on the second screen, but can confirm the issues with changing material to Corona physical. On top of that, if that material is part of another sub-object material, sometimes it gets unhooked from it and i need to re-connect it. Not sure how much this is related to Corona and how much to 3ds Max itself - i only recently upgraded to modern version of 3ds Max and haven't figured out yet what's normal in it.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-09-20, 11:59:23
Reply #91

Kris H

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
First try with the new Clouds System. Great work. Thanks!

One thing I notived: It seems that Corona is calculating caustics, even when the sun is covered by clouds.
I guess this should not be the case.

Best,
Marcus

Hi,

We've looked into this and the caustics are generated whenever the sun is in front of the clouds, if it is behind the clouds there can be small amount of caustics generated since there's still some light. If you don't want the caustics generated you can uncheck the Generate caustics option in the Modify tab of Corona Sun. Hope that helps :)

Kris
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene

2022-09-20, 12:37:59
Reply #92

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
God day Kris, here is the video that shows both situations, at the begining you can see the mateiral applied to an element and i change material type and it appears detached to the element, i have to close mat editor and open it again to work; at the end on the color picker im moving the cursor o the second screen, you can see the color turns black, sorry i dont have a screen recorder for both screens at one time.

Good afternoon guys, testing latest daily build on 3dsmax 2023 and foud tow situations:

1. corona color picker doesnt work on secondary screen, both screens are same size, same resolution, same brand (apple studio display), connected to the same video card.
2. When i change a material type on the material editor slate mode, lets say it was 3dsmax standard or vray or corona legacy, and i right-click and set change material type to corona phisycal it doenst seem to be updating (also no wuite corners when aplied to element) so i have to close the maerial editor and open it again to update it.

Another question and this is not related to errors, i saw an fstorm tutorial and i saw a function that was very helpful, a vfb focus option, i dont knw if this is too complicated to implement but if you guys can then i thik it will help a lot the workflow for all users, i dont know if this is requested already (i assume it is) but just wanted to shaer my thougths, thank you as alwas for the great work.

Hello,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce neither of those issues. Could you please send us video recording of both issues and your screen resolution?

Thank you in advance,
Kris

2022-09-20, 16:14:56
Reply #93

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Good morning guys, corona material previews show black on last daily
Hi,

Fixed in the latest daily. You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203570#msg203570

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-09-20, 16:18:17
Reply #94

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm running the DB from September 6 and experiences way more crashes than normal.  They almost always occur when IR is running and I change a material or when assigning a material.  Everything freezes for about 30 seconds, and then the normal crash box pops up that says you can attempt save the scene but then it crashes even further (and doesn't let you save the scene) and I get a strange error about dotnetbrowser and a chromium crash.

Windows 10, Sept 6 build of Corona, Forest Pack, Max 2022 latest SP.

I'll try to get a dump file or create a duplicatable situation, but was just curious if anyone else is seeing similar behavior with any of the newer DB's.

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi,

These crashes should be fixed now in the latest daily build. Can you please try it out and let me know if you still have issues?

You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203570#msg203570

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-20, 16:28:51
Reply #95

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm running the DB from September 6 and experiences way more crashes than normal.  They almost always occur when IR is running and I change a material or when assigning a material.  Everything freezes for about 30 seconds, and then the normal crash box pops up that says you can attempt save the scene but then it crashes even further (and doesn't let you save the scene) and I get a strange error about dotnetbrowser and a chromium crash.

Windows 10, Sept 6 build of Corona, Forest Pack, Max 2022 latest SP.

I'll try to get a dump file or create a duplicatable situation, but was just curious if anyone else is seeing similar behavior with any of the newer DB's.

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi,

These crashes should be fixed now in the latest daily build. Can you please try it out and let me know if you still have issues?

You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203570#msg203570

Thanks,

Rowan

Downloading now, thanks Rowan!

2022-09-21, 11:09:42
Reply #96

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile
God day Kris, here is the video that shows both situations, at the begining you can see the mateiral applied to an element and i change material type and it appears detached to the element, i have to close mat editor and open it again to work; at the end on the color picker im moving the cursor o the second screen, you can see the color turns black, sorry i dont have a screen recorder for both screens at one time.

Good afternoon guys, testing latest daily build on 3dsmax 2023 and foud tow situations:

1. corona color picker doesnt work on secondary screen, both screens are same size, same resolution, same brand (apple studio display), connected to the same video card.
2. When i change a material type on the material editor slate mode, lets say it was 3dsmax standard or vray or corona legacy, and i right-click and set change material type to corona phisycal it doenst seem to be updating (also no wuite corners when aplied to element) so i have to close the maerial editor and open it again to update it.

Another question and this is not related to errors, i saw an fstorm tutorial and i saw a function that was very helpful, a vfb focus option, i dont knw if this is too complicated to implement but if you guys can then i thik it will help a lot the workflow for all users, i dont know if this is requested already (i assume it is) but just wanted to shaer my thougths, thank you as alwas for the great work.

Hello,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce neither of those issues. Could you please send us video recording of both issues and your screen resolution?

Thank you in advance,
Kris
Hello,

Thank you for the video, I was able to understand and reproduce your second issue, regarding the change of material.
(Internal ID=967134757)
As for your first issue, are you by any chance connected to remote desktop on the other monitor? In that case the Color picker would be expected to not work on that screen.

Kris
Send me your scene

2022-09-21, 12:49:08
Reply #97

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Anyone else missing Chaos scatter?

It doesn't seem to install...
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-09-21, 16:48:31
Reply #98

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Kris, no, im not running this by remote desktop or vnc, this is local feed, here is a screenshot of my display settings and video card.

VK

Hello,

Thank you in advance,
Kris
Hello,

Thank you for the video, I was able to understand and reproduce your second issue, regarding the change of material.
(Internal ID=967134757)
As for your first issue, are you by any chance connected to remote desktop on the other monitor? In that case the Color picker would be expected to not work on that screen.

Kris

2022-09-21, 17:12:13
Reply #99

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone else missing Chaos scatter?

It doesn't seem to install...
Hi,

I've tried clean Typical installation, Update and Custom options as well and Scatter installed for me every time and was functional. Have you tried installing the build again, optionally uninstalling and installing Corona again?

Kris
Send me your scene

2022-09-22, 00:51:18
Reply #100

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Unfortunately can't use two latest DBs (2022-09-13 and 2022-09-20) because of error I'm getting using IR.
I get a message that some bitmap was changed during the rendering and render had to be aborted (example attached). After that render stops. The thing is that I didn't change any bitmaps during the rendering.
This error repeats quite frequently with different "maps that were changed" and makes work with IR not efficient because IR has to be restarted again and again. So I reverted to the DB 2022-09-06 - it works without this error.

Max 2022.3. Win 10

2022-09-22, 07:56:18
Reply #101

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Unfortunately can't use two latest DBs (2022-09-13 and 2022-09-20) because of error I'm getting using IR.
I get a message that some bitmap was changed during the rendering and render had to be aborted (example attached). After that render stops. The thing is that I didn't change any bitmaps during the rendering.
This error repeats quite frequently with different "maps that were changed" and makes work with IR not efficient because IR has to be restarted again and again. So I reverted to the DB 2022-09-06 - it works without this error.

Max 2022.3. Win 10

I'm getting this error also with DB 09.06 Max 2021 WIN 10

2022-09-22, 09:35:59
Reply #102

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Yep, I'm also getting this error since updating to latest daily. Max 2023.1
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-09-22, 10:39:03
Reply #103

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all!

I've installed the latest build "chaos-corona-9-3dsmax-daily-2022-09-20" and last night I crashes/malfunction with the CIE app.
I had 8 CXR files to elaborate, once calculated I've opened the first one, I did my editing, saved it in TIFF 16bit and each time I was choosing another CXR to open the app was crashing/closing without giving any error. I've tried more times and I was having the same behavior. The only solution was to close manually the CIE and open it again for each image.

This happened to my home's workstation which has Win11.
Here in the office where we still use Win10 everything is fine and it works normally...

What could it be???

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-09-22, 10:49:53
Reply #104

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Yep, I'm also getting this error since updating to latest daily. Max 2023.1
Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions, are your textures stored locally or on some network drive/gdrive or something similar?

Are you able to send any of these scenes over to us? If so I can PM you a link to upload it to me.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!