Author Topic: Tonemapping playground!  (Read 18914 times)

2022-06-06, 14:22:52
Reply #60

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
one thing about ACES OT - is the drop of one stop of exposure really necessary? I know it matches ACES OCIO lin to srgb transform but this does not make any sense now.

Thanks for mentioning it, I've notice that too.

@Piotrus3333 @Dionysios.TS - could you please explain in what exact situations the current behavior is a problem for you? Why would you like to have this changed? (I do have my own ideas, but wanted to hear it from you as a part of research what would be the best solution here)

Hello Maru,

from one side I find personally the ACES OT much way better on everything and I finally see the missing details I was missing with the old legacy version. I do my final color correction always in Lightroom and the ACES OT now gives me a very good base!

When I have no time for a complete manual color correction sometimes I prefer to produce an image by applying a LUT in CIE and the only issue I find is that it produces a lot of contrast in some cases specially if I use some of the Photographic LUTs like the series of Kim_Amland_Photographic and Adanmq_Canon_DSC for example.

I would like to see a good integration of this ACES workflow but not delete it please!!!!

Thanks!

2022-06-14, 11:16:20
Reply #61

dianalacruz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like the customization options, but I'm having trouble saving and loading configurations: I can't load some .config files onto any other .cxr than the one where I saved them.
I find it a bit annoying.

2022-06-14, 13:38:18
Reply #62

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I like the customization options, but I'm having trouble saving and loading configurations: I can't load some .config files onto any other .cxr than the one where I saved them.
I find it a bit annoying.
Hi,

Saving and loading issues should be fixed in v8 HF1 which was released a few minutes ago.

Please can you install it and try it there?

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-07-07, 12:53:01
Reply #63

dianalacruz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah! Solved