Author Topic: Corona Material Library - Appreciation & discussion thread  (Read 42611 times)

2017-10-03, 15:52:16
Reply #30

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
Yes well it´s not very easy to make huge surface texture without visible tiling. These woods should tile ca at 150cm which I thought would be sufficient for most occasions

Did you try mapping at 150cm scale?

No, it's not easy, it wasn't meant as critique. But I would have to say that 150cm isn't very much if you have even a normal sized wood or concrete floor.

What size do you think would be sufficient? 300cm at least? or more?

2017-10-04, 18:58:52
Reply #31

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes well it´s not very easy to make huge surface texture without visible tiling. These woods should tile ca at 150cm which I thought would be sufficient for most occasions

Did you try mapping at 150cm scale?

No, it's not easy, it wasn't meant as critique. But I would have to say that 150cm isn't very much if you have even a normal sized wood or concrete floor.

What size do you think would be sufficient? 300cm at least? or more?

Hard for me to say, but I use arroway textures a lot at work and I've never experienced any tiling problems with them. I don't know what size they are in cm though.

2017-10-24, 17:25:44
Reply #32

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a great addition, very clean user interface and great materials, but we absolutely need to add our own materials. Why can't we?

It makes sense to separate 'official' materials, but that could be done with a Corona logo in the thumbnail corner or similar.

Please pretty please!

2017-10-24, 17:29:13
Reply #33

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As mentioned on the blog "This is just the first iteration of the Material Library, and functionality and features will be expanded in the future, for example to allow you to add your own materials – keep an eye on the roadmap where we will be announcing the future plans for it!" :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-24, 17:30:17
Reply #34

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another observation, when I double click och right select 'Show bigger preview' the window that comes up can be dragged another 30-40% bigger. I think it should pop up at the maximum size directly. It still smaller than the smallest screens and since you want a bigger preview you obviously want to look as close as possible.

2017-10-24, 17:31:40
Reply #35

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As mentioned on the blog "This is just the first iteration of the Material Library, and functionality and features will be expanded in the future, for example to allow you to add your own materials – keep an eye on the roadmap where we will be announcing the future plans for it!" :)

Thanks Tom, thought I had seen most of the posts about the library. Is that the blog on the Corona site or where did you find this?

2017-10-24, 17:33:42
Reply #36

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On the official blog post about the release - https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-1-7-for-3ds-max-released/, which the Facebook announcement and announcement thread here in the forums all point to ;)

2017-10-25, 16:54:54
Reply #37

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As I understand the material library is no longer a part of the install but has to be installed separately, or is this only if it is already detected as installed? It is also not clear if the material library lives its own life with occasional updates, or if it is updated together with Corona? If the latter it seems as if we won't be able to add our own materials until Q1 2018.

2017-10-25, 17:04:48
Reply #38

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The Material Library is part of the install - but there is an option to download it separately if required, so that running the installer (on a second machine for instance) doesn't have to do the downloading all over again. EDIT - and yes, if it is already installed and you run the installer again, it won't download again.

The functionality to add your own materials is not in this version of the Material Library - this is just a first iteration, and future versions will expand upon the functionality and features (which means yes, at the moment you won't be able to add your own materials). As to whether the Material Library will see a "standalone" update before Corona Renderer 2, I can't say at this time - development plans may not be far enough along to say if that would be done, since work on version 2 is only just beginning :)

2017-10-25, 19:38:29
Reply #39

octavtirziu

• Active Users
  • instagram.com/octavtirziu/
    • View Profile
    • octavtirziu.com
It would be cool if you also included the depth maps for the leaves.

2017-10-25, 21:10:34
Reply #40

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It took ages in Dabarti to calculate in that resolution so I cancelled it knowing most people probably would not use it. But if there is a need from more of you guys I will rework the leaf shaders with depth map included

2017-10-26, 00:13:33
Reply #41

wyszolmirski

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It took ages in Dabarti to calculate in that resolution so I cancelled it knowing most people probably would not use it. But if there is a need from more of you guys I will rework the leaf shaders with depth map included

You can generate only depth map from 16-bit Normal (crop it first to make it faster). 8k wide depth takes around 40-50 minutes. Batch processing is possible.

ps. Very nice results !

2017-10-27, 06:43:38
Reply #42

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You can generate only depth map from 16-bit Normal (crop it first to make it faster). 8k wide depth takes around 40-50 minutes. Batch processing is possible.

ps. Very nice results !

thank you good to know!

2018-02-09, 16:30:26
Reply #43

FlorianW.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to call the material library via maxscript? Couldn't find any actionman number.

Thanks in advance!
3dsMax 2021 - Corona 5

2018-02-09, 17:17:13
Reply #44

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Is it possible to call the material library via maxscript? Couldn't find any actionman number.

Thanks in advance!

Code: [Select]
CoronaMaterialLibrary.MaterialLibraryFp.showBrowserIfPossible trueshould work ... see https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/maxscript for other Corona MAXScript features
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload