Author Topic: Lightmix >Scene breakes instances 3dsmax 2016  (Read 4388 times)

2017-06-16, 17:47:55

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi (i've searched for this bug but apparently it's not submitted yet).

I've noticed  this bug in 1.6 and it's still present in 1.6 hotfix 1

and it's something that you can recreate

Create a corona light - create instances of it - setup interactive light mix - go to the lightmix and change the value from 1.0 to something else - press >scene = the last light that you created is not instanced anymore.

Can i have some feedback on this? i really like this feature but at the moment i cant really use it because of this bug.

I apologise if this bug was already reported.

Thank you.

2017-06-16, 18:13:17
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm this - I had three instanced lights all in the same LightSelect group (created using the auto "By instance" grouping), and on >Scene the first two of my lights remained instanced, but the third and last one became unique.

I know that instances in different LightSelects will become unique, but looks like this shouldn't happen to the "last light in the same group".
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-06-21, 12:21:04
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is already reported in our internal tracker and scheduled as a fix for 1.7.
Thanks for reporting anyway!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-06-23, 17:15:47
Reply #3

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting that it's been reported and for reporting back to me and thanking me for my report :P

Please continue the hard work and the development of and awesome software.

Thanks

2017-11-20, 10:25:04
Reply #4

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi (i've submited this bug in 1.6 and was told this would be fixed in 1.7... and it's not :()

I've noticed  this bug in 1.6 and it's still present in 1.7

and it's something that you can recreate

Create a corona light - create instances of it - setup interactive light mix - go to the lightmix and change the value from 1.0 to something else - press >scene = the last light that you created is not instanced anymore.

Can i have some feedback on this? i really like this feature but at the moment i cant really use it because of this bug.

I apologise if this bug was already reported.

Thank you.

P.S. I cant believe nobody else is bothered by this. Does nobody else keeps their scenes tidy?

old post
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16521.msg104262#msg104262

2017-11-20, 11:27:25
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Merged with the old topic, and moved it back from resolved.
I can only confirm that this is still reported as an active bug, and right now it is planned to be fixed in the version 2.

Strange enough, I do not recall ANY reports about this other than this one, and my own tests, so hopefully this is not a _very_ serious issue.

2017-11-20, 11:47:06
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I do not recall ANY reports about this other than this one

So what do you would like to see? "Me too"s? from multiple people in the bug reports? Had that issue as well, found this report here and then had no reason for any further action.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-11-20, 13:03:51
Reply #7

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can ask all of my colleagues to report this as well if that helps.

I don't know why other people don't report this bug but for me it's quite annoying.

If i could "collapse"  the ligthmix, when i turn on denoise i wouldn't have to be concerned about what passes are being denoised because i would just have the beauty pass looking like my previous lightmix. This would save a lot of time by not denoising light passes.

We work with very tight deadlines and it's quite common to have 5 views inside the same file (because it's interconnect spaces) , and that means that we also end up having a lot of lights for all of those views.

If you could fix this before version 2.0 it would be very appreciated.

P.S.- As a side note i have 5 licenses attached with this account so i'm representing at least 5 people :)

« Last Edit: 2017-11-20, 14:10:51 by Luis.Goncalves »

2017-11-20, 16:38:46
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
One thing is bug severity - which in this case is not _that_ high (compared to some crashes, or some features not working at all), and another thing is the number of reports. So if a lot of people want something fixed, then it will be fixed faster.

2017-11-20, 16:54:53
Reply #9

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I appreciate that it's not high up on your priority list but this is something that we want to use a lot and you mentioned that you would fix it with the 1.7 release.

Thank you for you hard work.

2017-11-21, 11:01:01
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I didn't want to sound mean, sorry for that.
Unfortunately it is impossible to make everyone happy, and some features and fixes need to be delayed.

2017-11-21, 14:31:21
Reply #11

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Me and my team will eagerly wait for the day when we can use the ">Scene" button :)

Once again thank you for you continued hard work. Corona is a wonderful software and i only wish that it keeps getting better and better.

2017-12-17, 15:10:27
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
There was a weird bug in 3dsmax causing this. I managed to work around it, so it will be fixed in next daily build
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-12-18, 10:10:27
Reply #13

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile