Author Topic: Corona Image Editor feedback  (Read 39289 times)

2017-09-01, 16:03:51
Reply #135

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Can you guys add presets for the curve editor (like those in Photoshop's)? Yes I know you can save presets, but figured having a base to start from would be beneficial.
recording it as a feature request, thank you
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-09-08, 13:56:35
Reply #136

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Can you guys add presets for the curve editor (like those in Photoshop's)? Yes I know you can save presets, but figured having a base to start from would be beneficial.
recording it as a feature request, thank you

Can you also add % of usage? I often click "Equalize" and its just bit too strong, manualy changing stuff often gives me wobly effects.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-09-08, 15:09:25
Reply #137

moriah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to add image sequence support? Unless i'm blind and don't see an option for it, it would be extremely useful!

2017-09-08, 18:06:10
Reply #138

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to add image sequence support? Unless i'm blind and don't see an option for it, it would be extremely useful!
I think a batch mode for processing sequences has been added. Have a look at the latest version and the release notes, or look in this thread, I'm sure I saw this being discussed.

2017-09-08, 18:11:30
Reply #139

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-09-08, 20:02:21
Reply #140

moriah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice! Now it just needs to work with non-CXR images, at least EXR and i'm happy :P

2017-09-16, 10:46:09
Reply #141

wiktorstankiewicz1

• Users
    • View Profile
I'd love to see save as TIFF feature, since that is the way I usually save my images

2017-09-16, 10:52:37
Reply #142

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd love to see save as TIFF feature, since that is the way I usually save my images
+1

2017-09-17, 16:42:35
Reply #143

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Nice! Now it just needs to work with non-CXR images, at least EXR and i'm happy :P
It should be possible to load EXR images. Not all features will be available (like denoising, LightMix, ...), but for instance tone mapping should work. And in the command-line version / batch script you can do pretty much the same as in the GUI version.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-09-17, 16:44:04
Reply #144

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Yes, adding support for saving TIFF images is planned.

2017-09-26, 16:57:03
Reply #145

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
JFYI, the possibility to display image's alpha channel (and any other single-channel render element) will be added to 1.7.

After trying to use CIE in production I see two major gaps:

- none of the LDR files I saved out had an alpha channel included. When inspecting a pixel, I can see there's alpha information so it's included in CXRs. In any case, we need alpha to be included in any format we save out, too.
- it looks like we have no way to save 16 bit images - we absolutely need this! Would it be possible to add TIFF files to the Save dialog with the common options like in PS (Alpha, LZW compression, 8/16/32 bits)? Saving to EXR would be sufficient IF PS could correctly convert 32 bits to 16 bits (which it unfortunately doesn't because it always shifts tones). Without TIFF with 16 bits, we miss a way to get 16 bits files out of CIE that match exactly what we see in Max VFB and CIE.

Other thoughts:
- when loading CXR images, I can only display the Beauty pass. What about displaying all the channels that are saved in the CXR? At least displaying alpha should be possible.
- could we have more steps when zooming in/out? Maybe in 1/4 steps instead of 1/2 like now?
- zooming seems to somewhat respect mouse pointer so it zooms into the area under it, but often it jumps either a bit or a lot. Not sure why this is but I feel this could improve, best would be the same behavior like in PS.

Thanks in advance!

Will be pretty fine option for /Image Background/ something same in Vray, for inserting others background images or correcting exist//
Something like opinion /Directly Visibility Override/ ---only in Image Editor...
OK, do you mean some kind of blending elements together - for instance like in LightMix, but not only for light selecting elements?

If not, could you please explain the missing feature in a bigger detail (what would be the inputs, what kind of output do you expect, does it relate to alpha somehow)?
Thank you.

i must to have separate adjustments for lighting and visibility of background, same in Corona visibility background option//
For example: I have rendered picture with very bright sky HDR background for lighting scene, and want to play with brightness for
detail cloud visibility of the sky background  without changing lighting of the all scene,  /same i can to do in PS, but without using Image Editor/,and desirable to finish at all in Image Editor for getting the ending result without three-part application's, because now in Image Editor i don't have Alpha channel
, And I can not even save the image with alpha channel as png/tif/exr format's, for post-processing in PS and changing background of the sky///
Now for this tricks only with sky brightness, i must re-rendering whole picture /8 hour's of render/ or use only PS /not CIE/  for post-process :(////
In Vray VFB for example exist option /Load background Image/
In Corona Background's exist option /Direct visibility override/
Why do not to make the same thing in Corona Image Editor?//:)

2017-09-26, 21:15:08
Reply #146

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's great!
One question, will we be able to display AND save out bloom&glare element separately from CIE, even if it wasn't saved in the CXR? That would be really useful.

2017-09-27, 12:56:31
Reply #147

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Definitely not in 1.7. While this should be pretty simple to implement, we don't want to add any new functionality this close to release. There's always possibility of introducing new bugs, especially with simple "no big deal" modifications :)

2017-09-27, 13:02:36
Reply #148

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Definitely not in 1.7. While this should be pretty simple to implement, we don't want to add any new functionality this close to release. There's always possibility of introducing new bugs, especially with simple "no big deal" modifications :)
Sure, adding this for 1.8 is good enough ;)
Thanks!

2017-11-21, 15:25:45
Reply #149

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Yay, I helped! Haha, but seriously, it sounds like there isn't a way to "rebuild" an exr in a way that CIE can read it. I guess it's not the end of the world, we'll just have to add bloom and glare to the beauty pass in CIE instead of being able to save it out as a separate element.
I haven't seen this requested (maybe missed it) but it would be very useful to be able to save out the B&G pass only, or as part of the 'Save All' command. Would this be possible to add?
That's great!
One question, will we be able to display AND save out bloom&glare element separately from CIE, even if it wasn't saved in the CXR? That would be really useful.

Implemented. The possibility to view and save separate Bloom and Glare element will be merged into one of the forthcoming daily builds. Track the changelog for it.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-21, 15:35:24 by mike288 »