Author Topic: Missing Chaos Scatter when installing Corona 9  (Read 1829 times)

2022-10-20, 11:28:19

rexharby

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

Long time 3Ds Max Corona user, started a new job and they also threw in a new PC, so naturally I installed Corona 8 (trial version). Here lies the problem Corona 8 had the Chaos Scatter toolbar as expected. Last night I purchased a full license, and installed Corona 9. Weirdly though, the Chaos Scatter toolbar is no longer in the toolbar, nor is it accessible with the rightclick drop down menu. I also looked in Customise user interface, not there either. I've tried reinstalling Corona with admin rights. Uninstalled and resintalled. Still not showing the Chaos Scatter toolbar.

I'm currently on a job that requires me to scatter, so a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Rex

2022-10-20, 11:35:14
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you access Scatter from the Command Panel, or it's just not installed at all?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-10-20, 11:46:51
Reply #2

rexharby

• Users
    • View Profile
Looks like its just not installed for some reason?

2022-10-20, 13:08:49
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Please try this:
Uninstall Corona from the Windows "Programs"
Uninstall Scatter too

Make sure your installer is planed on a local drive (e.g. just C:\... or D:\...) and not in a network location.
Install Corona 9 again using the standard installation option.

Check if Scatter is working in 3ds Max now. If not:

Use the Unpack option in the Corona 9 installer and open the readme.txt file in the resulting folder to see instructions how to manually install Corona, Scatter, and other components (it is a matter of copying the right folders into right places).

2022-10-21, 14:29:21
Reply #4

rexharby

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey Maru,

Appologies on my delay getting back to you, busy busy.

Just got around to testing what you said. I used Windows to uninstall corona, then tried to uninstall Scatter, which odly wouldnt uninstall with windows (probably because there was no folder in the location that it would normaly be. Not sure how that happened as I dont recall deleting it) As Windows wasnt playing ball, I used CCleaner to do it succesfully. I then reinstalled and its all working now! Thanks for your help!

2022-12-19, 15:00:09
Reply #5

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

I'm having this issue.
Chaos Scatter doesnt install..

Already tried do uinstall all Chaos and Corona software from windows and reinstall.
But still doesnt installic Chaos Scatter.

I've noticed in other posts that some people made a "manually installation" of the Chaos Scatter.
Where could I get the files to try that?

Ronald

2022-12-19, 15:34:17
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I've noticed in other posts that some people made a "manually installation" of the Chaos Scatter.
Where could I get the files to try that?

The answer is in the #3 reply in the topic.

Use the Unpack option in the Corona 9 installer and open the readme.txt file in the resulting folder to see instructions how to manually install Corona, Scatter, and other components (it is a matter of copying the right folders into right places).
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-12-20, 11:36:27
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You can also contact us at https://support.corona-renderer.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and we can send you some further troubleshooting steps including manual installation using a standalone Scatter installer.