Author Topic: Will the new standalone give some life to the Blender integration?  (Read 76659 times)

2016-11-29, 00:18:19
Reply #90

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
I have an issue for this https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona/issues/41/object-specific-lights, what will help me develop this is a scene that does this in max and exported to standalone so that I can see the node setup that Corona expects

I see. Unfortunately, I am currently using Corona A6 with 3dsmax. I don't think it has a standalone version.

I hope someone can send you what you need :) Just take your time with it. No pressure and thanks for the work you have done so far:)
« Last Edit: 2016-11-29, 00:24:07 by melviso »

2016-12-01, 07:55:02
Reply #91

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
There are quite a few updates since the last post.  Please let me know how it goes:

• Self Illumination
  • Object Specific Lights (connect a Scene Objects node to the Include/Exclude inputs)
  • Connected the Scattering inputs so that SSS works now
  • Fixed the Layered Material node so the weight parameter can have a texture input
  • Updated the general Material node to include Emission then decided it was too big so added a configure box at the top to turn off each feature if you don't need it for a material
  • A beta version of the Curve Node that uses blender curve editor

Some of these changes might require you to delete the main material/linked material nodes and add them again.

2016-12-01, 11:55:18
Reply #92

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-12-01, 15:49:47
Reply #93

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I want to buy pls take my money :D

Awesome updates, I'll write down my test results asap...  Thank you...

2016-12-02, 09:06:52
Reply #94

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really awesome the fast pace development of the exporter, have not test all the features yet.

For now, @blanchg, please add scene materials or used materials to be exported and imported back so that it can be reuse in a new project or scene without having to redo again all the node setup.

Thank you so much!
"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-12-02, 19:10:00
Reply #95

raiden1983

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My first try with corona and blender

2016-12-02, 22:01:40
Reply #96

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For now, @blanchg, please add scene materials or used materials to be exported and imported back so that it can be reuse in a new project or scene without having to redo again all the node setup.
No library in Blender. This is just how it works. Blender data can be inter-linked, connected or appended. Light weight use.
Just tested, you can append materials from previous scenes. If a Node Tree is used, you have to append that too.

2016-12-03, 19:14:27
Reply #97

Rp2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow :) so Happy After seeing this Progress.. Blender+Corona :D

oh.. yet No Linux support :( lots of Blender user use Linux !!
« Last Edit: 2016-12-03, 19:32:36 by Rp2 »
Best way to predict the future is to create it..

2016-12-04, 00:54:41
Reply #98

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-12-04, 06:14:06
Reply #99

Rp2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
:) Linux version will come... as mentioned here is waiting to be crossed off Corona standalone feature requests.

OK, Now now fingers crossed :)
Best way to predict the future is to create it..

2016-12-04, 07:16:10
Reply #100

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No library in Blender. This is just how it works. Blender data can be inter-linked, connected or appended. Light weight use.
Just tested, you can append materials from previous scenes. If a Node Tree is used, you have to append that too.

Thanks, will try this....
"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-12-04, 14:09:30
Reply #101

novena

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my online portfolio
Hi blanchg!
First of all I would like to thank you for bringing back to life this great exporter, a couple of years ago I used it and it was a sorrow that Joel could not continue developing it...

1. I wonder if is possible that the materials reflect level can take a texture/map input to control the reflections intensity?
2. Are normal bumps supported?
3. I have not figured out how to make the Ray switch shader work, any ideas? same AO shader... (I use corona + 3D max at work and I know how to make it work)

Here comes a couple of my test images.

best
V

2016-12-04, 17:30:17
Reply #102

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1. Lightmix ui is awesome but i can use lightmix under certain element. Glow and denoise is working on lightmix but i can't use them on beauty  layer.
2. Couldn't  understand independent self illumination color and texture support.
3. I tested include exclude  objects from specific lights seems didn't  work for me.

Thank you .

2016-12-04, 22:02:12
Reply #103

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1. I wonder if is possible that the materials reflect level can take a texture/map input to control the reflections intensity?
2. Are normal bumps supported?
3. I have not figured out how to make the Ray switch shader work, any ideas? same AO shader... (I use corona + 3D max at work and I know how to make it work)

Nice work!

1. It can already you need to use the nodes though, the nodes are more advanced and tested.
2. Yes they are, just pass your texture through the Normal node and then to the bump input.
3. Documentation rayswitcher is here https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl-maps#rayswitcher and ao shader needed some changes with the latest 1.5 (exporter version 2.4.5)

1. Lightmix ui is awesome but i can use lightmix under certain element. Glow and denoise is working on lightmix but i can't use them on beauty  layer.
2. Couldn't  understand independent self illumination color and texture support.
3. I tested include exclude  objects from specific lights seems didn't  work for me.

1. Lightmix support was included by trial and error. Are you saying the lightmix doesn't modify the beauty layer?  If so I think that is intentional.  Lightmix is just rendering multiple images 1 for each lightmix layer then being composited back in corona's frame buffer, the beauty layer is another one of these layers.  More details if there is something for me that needs fixing.
2. Self illumination is just a checkbox, I don't know the implementation behind it. This is the documentation for it https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl#native
3. This definitely works for me, note that at first I didn't think it was working because I was getting reflections on the exclude object from the include object. You can see the difference in the attachments (no exclude, exclude sphere, include plane (which is exclude sphere 2)

2016-12-05, 11:19:02
Reply #104

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your valuable answer...

1. I could't use denoised version with lightmix version. Otherwise, works very well, very similar to Max version... Good job there...

Denoiser effects beauty layer only... Glow effects both( it's ok).

Changing my demo scene. Better and little bit more difficult  interior render is on the way...