Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Feature Requests

Please exclude the background image from DOF

(1/2) > >>

Atlantis:
Please exclude the background image from DOF or make an on/off toggle, because it gets blurred out. Are there no other Archviz guys here who are annoyed by that?
How do you guys use DOF in your camera when using a background image in the scene environment? (yes I know, I could add the background image in post, but why make it complicated?)

(Sorry for being a bit annoyed, but lately the bugs and crashes in Corona have increased (same as the price), and in the same time the functionality of the license has been limited)

Beanzvision:
Hi there,

Thanks for your message. Are you working to scale at all? May I ask what the f-stop is for this? It seems extremely low to be so blurred like that. For example, even with a really low f-stop of 1.1 in this image, the background is still somewhat in focus. How are you using the background image, with a plane or an HDRI?

Atlantis:
Hi, I'm using a photo in the scene environment. It doesn't matter if I use F2.8, or F8 or anything else. The image will be totally blurred.

Beanzvision:
Hi, thanks for the reply. Sounds like a bug to me. We'll take a look into it.

*Update. I have tried to recreate this but it seems to be working as expected. Are you able to share a test with us outlining the issue? What version of Corona are you running as well?

Atlantis:
I'm working with Corona 9, but it has been always like this for me. Would be nice if it's just an embarrassing user error. :)
Can I upload a small scene just here?:

https://kdrive.infomaniak.com/app/share/394172/dd7dbb74-501b-4d2e-af3a-ec5219aa7eb2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version