Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Chaos Scatter Edge Trimming Playground!

<< < (2/13) > >>

maru:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2022-09-30, 20:25:48 ---
--- Quote from: PROH on 2022-09-30, 20:24:19 ---Haven't tried it yet. But it sounds extremely cumbersome to make this work. Imagine several objects with a multimaterial each.
That's not userfreindly.

--- End quote ---

Agreed - it's a nightmare with ForestPackPro. I was really hoping Corona would be able to make an improvement on this, very disappointed

--- End quote ---

From the playground thread:

--- Quote ---
Currently, you need to manually (or using a script) connect the Edge Trimming map to the opacity slots of each of the materials you are using for your scattered instances. This can be challenging, especially in case of scattering models with many different materials. We are planning to improve this workflow.

--- End quote ---

romullus:
I think simple "trim edges" checkbox in the scatter object, would make more sense - Corona could add edge trimming texmap to the opacity slot internally at render time for user convenience. I did quick test with just 4 materials and already it was quite a chore to plug/unplug edge trimming map several times in a row. If you want to use the same asset in multiple scatters with and without edge trimming, you would need to duplicate their materials and that would quickly turn in to mess.

On the positive side, i was pretty pleased to find that the new feature does not slow down render very much, i was expecting worse.

gentlestev:
can't find this chaos scatter edge trimming map on the chaos category of the material editor. remember i followed d exact steps in installing and running the daily build. any help

maru:

--- Quote from: gentlestev on 2022-10-01, 03:24:57 ---can't find this chaos scatter edge trimming map on the chaos category of the material editor. remember i followed d exact steps in installing and running the daily build. any help

--- End quote ---

You need to install Corona 9 RC1 - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203961#msg203961

And then you should see it in the material editor:

LorenzoS:
Hi all,
 i cann't reproduce the edge trimming effect, when i apply the ChaissScatterEdgeTrimmg map to the opacity slot of material, the slice effect is shown on all instances.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version