Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Bump texture rendering too smooth

(1/5) > >>

Mac3DX:
Take a look at this example, why is this procedural texture rendering too smooth on the bump channel? That's not working as expected. If you connect it into the displacement channel, it is rendering properly.
We should  have a pretty close representation of this texture on both channels.
Is there some parameter I'm missing in order to make it work properly?

Mac3DX:
Also, I've noticed some weird projection going on. Take a closer look.

romullus:
I think the issue is that your noise texture has too much contrast in it. Both, displacement and bump loves smooth transitions between high and low values, but the former can still produce usable, albeit sub-optimal results with super contrasty textures, while the latter can't do that. It's the nature of bump mapping.

As for the projection issue, i think it's your mapping at fault, not Corona. It looks that currently your object has simple planar mapping. Give the cookie proper UV unwrap and it should render just fine.

ficdogg:
You can also try reducing the Delta value in the noise. For high-frequency noise bumps, a Delta value at the lower end sometimes makes a huge difference.

Mac3DX:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-06-29, 10:10:00 ---I think the issue is that your noise texture has too much contrast in it. Both, displacement and bump loves smooth transitions between high and low values, but the former can still produce usable, albeit sub-optimal results with super contrasty textures, while the latter can't do that. It's the nature of bump mapping.

As for the projection issue, i think it's your mapping at fault, not Corona. It looks that currently your object has simple planar mapping. Give the cookie proper UV unwrap and it should render just fine.

--- End quote ---

Hey thanks for you time. It seems to be none of them, sorry. The Delta parameter is responsible for the bump details, I didn't know about it. Credits to ficdogg.

For the projection issue, it doesn't make any sense to have UVs for procedural textures, as far as I know, that's the advantage of them. Material tags should be ignored when using texture projection in the space parameter. At least that's what the docs say. Also, the projection is working perfectly for the displacement. Some weird  behavior happens to the bump channel once we are using the same projection for both.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version