Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Looking for a cause of Interactive Rendering slowdown (+Poll)

<< < (14/15) > >>

Peter Tristann:
What is the keyboard shortcut in Corona 4 and 5 to region render? In Corona 2-3 it was Shift in VFB. THIS was a very good shortcut and since the Corona 4 version it has been turned off :(. As for sub-sampling, it is very useful for scenes from FP, where even with a larger lawn the amount of primitives instances often exceeds 2-3 billion and Corona needs a moment to reduce it but in Corona 3 and 4 it works great and fast.

Those who are disturbed by large squares / pixels when moving objects or camera, I recommend increasing GI vs. AA balance at 32-64, (better to see the difference in scenes without FP), then it should look nicer for everyone :) to reduce Light Samples Multiplier to 1, and then they work IR even faster, I also recommend setting Secondary Solver to None, and Max ray depth at 5-10 which additionally smooth work in IR, and the quality will be noticeably worse, slightly shaded places will be darker slightly. But for quick previews and quick work with the stage, these settings are sufficient and increase the comfort of work. When working with FP, it's good for even faster GI vs. Set AA balance to 2 and Light Samples Multiplier to 7. I recommend trying it because the difference is significant.

lupaz:
Not sure if this matters to you, but I'm starting to use IR within the viewport and it's way faster than with the VFB. You just don't have that initial wait and of course you can render smaller. There may be another reason too, so that's why I'm mentioning it.

cgbeast:
I run into the following issue.  Sometimes when IR is active and 3ds Max does an autosave, everything gets looked up.  I'm forced to end task. If work has not been saved up to this point, all is lost unless there was a successful autoback saved. Pretty frustrating.

lupaz:

--- Quote from: Ondra on 2019-10-14, 19:57:21 ---Don't worry, we won't remove subsampling. We might introduce back the pixel blending, which could get automatically activated when subsampling is set to 0 (i.e. disabled). It is super-easy change AFAIK.

--- End quote ---

Any chance we'll see the pixel blending in the next version?

maru:

--- Quote from: lupaz on 2020-04-15, 17:08:58 ---
--- Quote from: Ondra on 2019-10-14, 19:57:21 ---Don't worry, we won't remove subsampling. We might introduce back the pixel blending, which could get automatically activated when subsampling is set to 0 (i.e. disabled). It is super-easy change AFAIK.

--- End quote ---

Any chance we'll see the pixel blending in the next version?

--- End quote ---

It's too early to tell.

(Internal ID=436890794)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version