Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Pool setup - mesh and materials

<< < (2/3) > >>

maru:

--- Quote from: Oltskul on 2012-11-02, 13:53:36 ---so anway, lets go and fake the lights & caustics (http://www.dualheights.se/caustics/)

--- End quote ---

Nah, I'd rather wait for proper caustics implementation in Corona!

Oltskul:

--- Quote from: maru on 2012-11-02, 13:55:37 ---
--- Quote from: Oltskul on 2012-11-02, 13:53:36 ---so anway, lets go and fake the lights & caustics (http://www.dualheights.se/caustics/)

--- End quote ---

Nah, I'd rather wait for proper caustics implementation in Corona!

--- End quote ---

sure thing! but I want to finish this image somehow... and to fake lights i meant to illuminate it manualy..

and that link was an inspiration...

Oltskul:

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-11-02, 01:09:04 ---You should definitely use single-faced water + one-sided material. But it wont let through light from outside, you will need PPM or PM to render it... or wait until I finish other methods to deal with this situation. Or create the lights under the water, such lights will work fine ;)

--- End quote ---

PPM is progresive photon mapping?
PM is photon mapping?

just to be clear..

Ondra:

--- Quote from: Oltskul on 2012-11-02, 14:32:06 ---
--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-11-02, 01:09:04 ---You should definitely use single-faced water + one-sided material. But it wont let through light from outside, you will need PPM or PM to render it... or wait until I finish other methods to deal with this situation. Or create the lights under the water, such lights will work fine ;)

--- End quote ---

PPM is progresive photon mapping?
PM is photon mapping?

just to be clear..

--- End quote ---

yeah, PPM = progressive PM = progressive photon mapping. Grab a daily build, you should get proper caustics almost instantly (they will refine and become sharper over time - it converges from biased to unbiased with almost zero variance). You probably wont be able to render the rest of the scene with PPM, but you can combine this PPM with some other method via masks (try Corona Mask render element to mask out the water surface).

Oltskul:
OKey!

ps: build me a Legay daily buil please:) But no rush i will get to the Corona on Monday... or with bit of luck today for few moments...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version