Author Topic: Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D Beta 1 Release Candidate  (Read 40997 times)

2018-02-05, 19:12:40
Reply #105

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Hi,

Doing A small coin job with displacement and bumps have to use. I did some tries but not getting good results of displacement....! If there is any trick to get good result... please let me know...!

I love to use Corona in my jobs.... but afraid a bit from inside may be I will stuck...! Why not make it more powerful with current features instead off adding new features. I am pointing to Displacement material. As I discussed earlier in other posts.... this have to fix and more perfect than others render engines.

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-02-05, 19:47:48
Reply #106

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity - how much does the just release Beta 1 differ from the RC4? Any new fixes?

2018-02-05, 19:58:41
Reply #107

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Doing A small coin job with displacement and bumps have to use. I did some tries but not getting good results of displacement....! If there is any trick to get good result... please let me know..

It would be useful to know what you already got for the job.
You probably tried other settings for Displacement than what's default in the render settings?
You got a proper, custom-made and hi-resolution displacement map that's not a JPG and preferably 16 bit or more?
Is it for an animation or for a still?
And - what's currently wrong you would want to have better?

CU
Michael

2018-02-05, 21:46:41
Reply #108

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Doing A small coin job with displacement and bumps have to use. I did some tries but not getting good results of displacement....! If there is any trick to get good result... please let me know...!

I love to use Corona in my jobs.... but afraid a bit from inside may be I will stuck...! Why not make it more powerful with current features instead off adding new features. I am pointing to Displacement material. As I discussed earlier in other posts.... this have to fix and more perfect than others render engines.

Thanks.
As Cinemike noted above, provide substantial info.
Corona works simple and fine.

ie.
Thrown together from my own scans. All in all 1h (including render time).  Corona4d Beta1.

PS/edit
metal material with pinch of occlusion & only displacement texture on a cylinder geo
« Last Edit: 2018-02-05, 21:51:59 by burnin »

2018-02-05, 22:14:15
Reply #109

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I recently did a crypto coin using displacement (which i can't share yet) but got great results lowering world size displacement down to .5 along side with a high res texture. Jaggered edges were virtually illuminated.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-02-06, 04:58:36
Reply #110

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

You probably tried other settings for Displacement than what's default in the render settings?
You got a proper, custom-made and hi-resolution displacement map that's not a JPG and preferably 16 bit or more?

I used screen size 0.5 with hi-res B&W texture, lines and edges was not smooth. It was still and very closeup camera view.
I saw Corona displacement tutorial... used same technique but I was not getting result which I was needed. If any special setup for that.... please would like to see that.

@burnin: I was also doing bitcoin...!

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-02-06, 05:57:32
Reply #111

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I used screen size 0.5 with hi-res B&W texture, lines and edges was not smooth. It was still and very closeup camera view.
I saw Corona displacement tutorial... used same technique but I was not getting result which I was needed. If any special setup for that.... please would like to see that.

@burnin: I was also doing bitcoin...!

Thanks.

Sorry if I repeat myself, but most problems I have seen with displacement come from the used maps.
Your displacement map is not a JPG or something lossy, it's a TIFF or something else in a lossless format with 8 bits per channel (or better 16 or even 32)?
And the resolution was big enough to give enough information to the rendered parts of the image with your chosen render resolution? So, if you use your displacement map in the Diffuse channel everything looks smooth in the rendering (with no sampling for the texture in Diffuse to get the real deal)?

Sometimes a little smoothing (blurring) of the texture helps, but only if it is hires enough and you might lose details nevertheless, of course,

2018-02-06, 06:23:16
Reply #112

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I might add that using Displacement on Polygon selection might lead to unwanted tearing off said selections from the rest of the model.

2018-02-06, 10:09:10
Reply #113

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery
Great job and congrats to all of you developers!

Just noticed you released the Beta 1 officially yesterday.
Is the Beta 1 based on the B1-RC4 or are there any further bugfixes included?
I wasn't able to find a full changelog of the B1 since RC4 was released.

best regards!

2018-02-06, 10:14:20
Reply #114

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity - how much does the just release Beta 1 differ from the RC4? Any new fixes?

It doesn't differ much, there are just two simple fixes for crashes that we discovered just recently...

2018-02-06, 10:22:11
Reply #115

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-02-06, 10:25:11
Reply #116

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Jaggered edges were virtually illuminated.

Illuminati! New World Order confirmed!

Haha oops, I'll blame autocorrect. :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-02-06, 10:42:20
Reply #117

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

Just noticed you released the Beta 1 officially yesterday.

That's nice but I did find that download link....!

Thanks.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-02-06, 10:57:37
Reply #118

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-02-06, 11:12:43
Reply #119

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks Houska, I thought its old beta1 and did not found any date.

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.