Author Topic: Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D Beta 1 Release Candidate  (Read 40999 times)

2018-01-16, 10:58:12
Reply #45

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-01-16, 13:16:47
Reply #46

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks Houska.
I made a small screen... may be help full for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxhgkf0965ejrl3/crash.mp4?dl=0

I will simplify scene file and send you, may I have your email address.
Later I will try some other scene also.

Thanks.

p.s.
sent....!
« Last Edit: 2018-01-16, 13:26:13 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-16, 13:17:21
Reply #47

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
For sending the scene, you can use our private uploader (link is in my forum signature...)

2018-01-16, 13:45:34
Reply #48

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
The scene you sent does not crash for me. What Corona for C4D version do you have?

Also, I noticed that the scene you sent was a little different than the one in the video. That's fine, but just make sure that the modified version also crashes on your PC!

2018-01-16, 13:57:02
Reply #49

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Two label object, I deleted... rest is same. I tried again but same crash.
I am using b1 rc2, mac osx 10.10.5
Evening I will try some other files from home.

« Last Edit: 2018-01-16, 14:16:13 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-16, 14:03:03
Reply #50

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-01-16, 14:20:17
Reply #51

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
sent.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-16, 14:58:31
Reply #52

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
So it seems like the culprit is the noise shader in bump slot of the liquid material. We know about this issue, but cannot reproduce it, so it would great if you could help us with this. If you turn off the bump channel, does it still crash? If you change the noise shader to a texture, does it still crash? And if the crash is only present with the noise shader, could you try to tweak the parameters to find out if there's some setting of the noise shader that's causing the crash?

Thank you in advance for your time

2018-01-16, 15:28:37
Reply #53

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
In short some tests.... (following the same process as video)
- without bump works fine.
- noise shader with texture (bitmap), crash.
- I tried with Enhanced C4D noise... crash.
- Bump in texture slot, I tired some other shaders... surface, effects... all crashes.
I think bump channel have some issue. I mean anything in bump texture slot crashes.

Thanks.

p.s.
if any other thing have to check... please let me know.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-16, 18:31:37 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-16, 15:45:56
Reply #54

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The normal maps work fine. burnin and he previous posters already said everything.
A while ago, in your thread, we have "found out" that Corona uses DX maps(flip Y), but you refused to accept that things are handled differently.

I'm sorry but I made other test, with other normal map and using your method of swapping red or green or both... the result is similar but the corona normal shader don't work well for me, and the results is not equal to the one gives other engine.... the only way to obtain the exact result is using a leveled material as I posted in my scene, and not changing the normal color... OpenGL or direct X I expect that a map, work fine in any engine render...  that's my opinion...

Your expectations of how things ought to be don't matter nor will things change according to them. Just accept it and advance. Do it properly in the future and spare us and yourself the hassle. If you are too lazy to make a small change to your old materials(in case you even need them), then that's your problem.

the case I report now i totally different from the post i've posted ago... in fact in the previous post layered normal or corona normal works fine till alpha A5... now i'm reporting that normal done with alpha A6 don't works fine with the last rc1 version ( r19 and OS X yosemite ) ... this are two different thing... if you don't know what i'm discussing and the problem I'm reporting please shut up... maybe you are to lazy to understand what I'm discussing of....

2018-01-16, 16:01:19
Reply #56

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-01-16, 18:00:02
Reply #57

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
@walterfog

Yes, I do have a hard time understanding what your problem is. You're the only one with that problem.
From your last post, I'm not even sure what you mean.

So your botched workflow with normals doesn't work anymore because the normal shader works as it should?
Maybe there were changes, or maybe not? How could we find out?
Maybe one could consult the wise man on the mountain or read the patchlogs! But instead, you meander around on the forum.
Just do it properly from now on and you won't have any problems.

« Last Edit: 2018-01-16, 18:14:12 by Eddoron »

2018-01-16, 18:57:14
Reply #58

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@walterfog

Yes, I do have a hard time understanding what your problem is. You're the only one with that problem.
From your last post, I'm not even sure what you mean.

So your botched workflow with normals doesn't work anymore because the normal shader works as it should?
Maybe there were changes, or maybe not? How could we find out?
Maybe one could consult the wise man on the mountain or read the patchlogs! But instead, you meander around on the forum.
Just do it properly from now on and you won't have any problems.

even with other kind of problems I was the only one... and thanks to Nikola I solved them privately .... unfortunately I do not have any more time to waste with your useless speeches ... do not be sad if you do not understand....

2018-01-16, 20:02:25
Reply #59

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
May I know which new Shaders are coming in Beta 2....?

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.