Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244778 times)

2015-10-24, 22:35:27
Reply #555

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
1.3 RC1 is out: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.msg63703.html

so... test test test, please! ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-10-24, 22:40:05
Reply #556

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just downloaded and instaled it on home PC, i got one project that i have to make for my whife and i can test something out.

Are there some thids that got to be tested first thing?

UPD - First thing i noticed is that something changed about the light distribution from Clights

T1 - 1.2.1
T2 - 1.3

UPD2 - Noticed realy wierd thing going on with noise. Light comes from the 4 lights located in reflector above. But the amount if noise is different on the wall with the same mtl. (by the way i thik this was even before in 1.2 just havet payed attention to it)

Attachment T3
« Last Edit: 2015-10-24, 23:25:09 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-10-24, 22:40:43
Reply #557

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
On it, got some render to do overnight :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-24, 23:31:02
Reply #558

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just downloaded and instaled it on home PC, i got one project that i have to make for my whife and i can test something out.

UPD - First thing i noticed is that something changed about the light distribution from Clights

T1 - 1.2.1
T2 - 1.3

UPD2 - Noticed realy wierd thing going on with noise. Light comes from the 4 lights located in reflector above. But the amount if noise is different on the wall with the same mtl. (by the way i thik this was even before in 1.2 just havet payed attention to it)

Attachment T3

The noise change is expected and if after longer rendering it looks more or less the same, and if there is not more noise in 1.3, then it is OK. Some light variations are expected even within one version due to randomness in UHD cache.

We would be most grateful for testing DR, as this is the part which is hardest to test, and not that many people use it.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-10-24, 23:44:13
Reply #559

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

T1 - 1.2.1
T2 - 1.3

Attachment T3

The noise change is expected and if after longer rendering it looks more or less the same, and if there is not more noise in 1.3, then it is OK. Some light variations are expected even within one version due to randomness in UHD cache.

We would be most grateful for testing DR, as this is the part which is hardest to test, and not that many people use it.

Shure i can try to switch it on on distant pc's on the work.

And i just have a very dificult scene to play with.

UPD - tomorrow... all the blades seem to be off right now.
UPD2 - while i am still here, something realy wierd is going on when using Bucket+DR i even do not know how to describe it. The nodes are rendering something but the transfer pixels same way they do when using progresive wich makes it copletly uneficent.I will try to attach some images to describe it more detaild tomorrow.
UPD3 - tested with 6 nodes attached, progressive mode everything seem to work fine.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-25, 17:00:07 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-10-25, 11:46:26
Reply #560

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
can't test DR right now but everything else seems quite in line. Not sure if IR is much faster (responsiveness) for me, the scene I am working is super-heavy but I would say there is noticeable improvement. It's still not too enjoyable since with scene of this size it creates 2-3 seconds freezes but it was more than that before.

Visually no difference I think and everything works smoothly.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-25, 17:10:55
Reply #561

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

When using IR, Max selection "quad" is not apearing...

Took an screenshot to show (i don´t know the name of this doted selection quad...

When using IR it just disapear. :(

This is not from 1.3RC1 it seems legacy "bug", but i am sure it´s something with 3dsmax refresh...

Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2015-10-25, 17:53:45
Reply #562

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This is known and reported... a year ago: https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=606 :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-10-25, 17:54:17
Reply #563

visualart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The 1.3RC distributed rendering works again for me, i do get 2 FTH warnings on 2 nodes but it doesnt affect rendering as far as I can see.

The FTH logs doesn't show any activity doh about 3dsmax or corona, like explained here
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000678431

Solved, it was de WSCommCntr4.exe that had the FTH, disabled it in regedit worked.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-25, 18:38:06 by visualart »

2015-10-25, 18:26:41
Reply #564

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
still I would suggest excluding the processes from FTH, you never know when it will hit you (probably with next hair&fur object ;))

2015-10-26, 03:36:01
Reply #565

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi team, I'm on RC 1.3 now but still can't see IR working while used with "material/map navigator" regarding this thread https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,8780.msg57098.html#msg57098 was moved to resolved bugs board months ago.

2015-10-26, 09:03:11
Reply #566

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
can you record a video of the problem and send us a problematic scene, and open new bug report for that?

2015-10-26, 09:24:16
Reply #567

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
can you record a video of the problem and send us a problematic scene, and open new bug report for that?
ok thanx, i'll record a video for that.
I think it occurred on all of my scene

2015-10-26, 10:14:44
Reply #568

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Go ahead and test the RC1 build, we are doing a giveaway of 5 licenses for most valuable bug reports: https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-1-3-rc1/

2015-10-26, 11:44:49
Reply #569

pdaniun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think you left the Corona Converter script on version 1.16, not sure if it's on purpose.