Author Topic: SlateConnector Maxscript for Corona (and maybe other engines later)  (Read 3758 times)

2014-09-23, 18:32:19

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
EDIT: Now it has a proper thread on Corona goodies  here:
http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,5307.0.html

I just found this script laying around.

It seems handy... if you are used to work with slate nodes.
Can be a life saver... who knows, besides it was designed to work with Corona materials only (and maybe other render engines later).

Greetings from Chile.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-24, 16:30:16 by borisquezadaa »
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-09-23, 19:23:49
Reply #1

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
  Lol. The script was my initial idea and i've challenged David for coding it. And he did it ! :) The code and designed was by David  Almeida (https://www.facebook.com/StudioDidali)

So, he made it for Corona as an Payback to Ondra for such amazing tool and for being accepted for the daily builds acess. :) It's extremely useful and cool and he's improving it right now ! :)

I just found this script laying around.

It seems handy... if you are used to work with slate nodes.
Can be a life saver... who knows, besides it was designed to work with Corona materials only (and maybe other render engines later).

Greetings from Chile.
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-09-23, 20:22:06
Reply #2

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Amazing!... i think it deserves a place in the corona scripts user contributions goodies section maybe?.

Thanks for sharing this tool!
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-09-23, 20:34:32
Reply #3

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Nice script

I am testing it already.
Will it in the future be possible to select for example "maps" and change all the "blur amounts"?
(I guess David is on this forum?)

2014-09-24, 12:38:09
Reply #4

Midge

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Mantissa
Great script, saves a lot of time setting things up. :)
If we could only have a Corona multi/sub map type thing to go with this. *cough* *cough*

2014-09-25, 16:15:24
Reply #5

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys!

Yes, I'm on this forum :) Took me a while to find this thread since it's on general CG discussion and I rarely go here. Sorry about that.

Regarding the questions/suggestions:

@Marcelo (kumodot): my personal facebook is https://www.facebook.com/david.almeida.10690 :P The one you posted is from our studio :D Feel free to be my friend if you wish, LOL!

@belly: Nice suggestion!! It's going to the upgrades.txt without a doubt! I see the benefit of implementing this on some scenarios. Will dramatically increase the script size and I'm currently trying to change how it works thanks to DeadClown tips (trying not to make the code so "stiff").

@Midge: Thanks! Hope you find it useful! There's a new version about to come out next week which will make easier to change the materials selection.

Cheers!