Author Topic: Hotel room  (Read 5043 times)

2015-06-26, 09:23:56

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
Hi all!
This is one from our latest project with C4D Corona V.2

2015-06-26, 12:51:38
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The god & the devil are in the details...
- repetition on textures (closet/dividing wall, living room sofa, floor)
- too much bump (sharp) on herringbone floor
- bad communication design (free the cramped path-way, users don't really like bumping into chairs & avoiding each other just to share the balcony & the lovely view)
- floating carpet at bed
- walls, linen, curtains, pink chair, wardrobe, clothes (?)... materials have no structure (texture, surface is too smooth), same goes for that art piece behind sofa (i assume it's acrylic painting, not a plain-plastic-perfect-poster(?), it presents a big dull surface which IMHO would be a bad design choice)
- shadow behind art piece seems too sharp for no apparent reason, unless it's sunrise or sundown, that would bring the need for color correction (warmer tones, less highlight burn)
- too much of 'sharp' noise
- not to mention how i miss a feeling of human / living presence (keys, personal items, phone, tablet, lipstick, note, flowers, decor...)... looks like a wannabe apartment... just not.

I warmly advise you to take on photography and pay attention, be a good observer
I hope you don't consider it bashing of your work, could become a nice piece, but as stated... the devil is lurking.

Got a single ice queen staying in a room...
« Last Edit: 2015-06-26, 13:01:37 by burnin »

2015-06-26, 15:44:11
Reply #2

kurantransfer

• Active Users
  • great software
    • View Profile
Nice, overall mood is felt. Yes, and there is always n+1 going to infinity.

2015-06-27, 08:43:40
Reply #3

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
The god & the devil are in the details...
- repetition on textures (closet/dividing wall, living room sofa, floor)
- too much bump (sharp) on herringbone floor
- bad communication design (free the cramped path-way, users don't really like bumping into chairs & avoiding each other just to share the balcony & the lovely view)
- floating carpet at bed
- walls, linen, curtains, pink chair, wardrobe, clothes (?)... materials have no structure (texture, surface is too smooth), same goes for that art piece behind sofa (i assume it's acrylic painting, not a plain-plastic-perfect-poster(?), it presents a big dull surface which IMHO would be a bad design choice)
- shadow behind art piece seems too sharp for no apparent reason, unless it's sunrise or sundown, that would bring the need for color correction (warmer tones, less highlight burn)
- too much of 'sharp' noise
- not to mention how i miss a feeling of human / living presence (keys, personal items, phone, tablet, lipstick, note, flowers, decor...)... looks like a wannabe apartment... just not.

I warmly advise you to take on photography and pay attention, be a good observer
I hope you don't consider it bashing of your work, could become a nice piece, but as stated... the devil is lurking.

Got a single ice queen staying in a room...

Hi Burnin,

first of all it was 2 days project (design/12 still renders/2 days) with main priority on concept .
- wall have wood panels and that's why you see "dividing wall"
- bump is 0.5mm (Cinema V2 have strange effect of bump value)
- about communication...I don't know exactly what you mean, because it's free path all around the room (see attach)? :))
- carpet sits on 0,0,0...you probably see the thickness.
- choice of items is not like in ordinary hotels (this is also the main wish of the investor) ;) Art piece behinde sofa is going to be digital print on ALU, almost all furniture is going to be "powder coated" matt color, without visible structure.
- about noise..read first line "2days"
- after 10 years of experience with this client we don't put toilet paper, etc .. in such projects.
- about details...there will never be enough details...always we wil finde error if we are looking for error. This project was not a render projekt but design project with killer death line.

...however, the client confirmed the project (with some small change "color of the leather") and this was our intention :)

thanks for your point of view!

2015-06-27, 15:41:10
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's great!
Congrats!

About communications, what i meant is that path through living room is blocked by chairs/seating area (or so it seems).
Got "professional deformation" since i was working few years in gastronomy planning (hotel & school kitchens, restaurants & bars) and it's also taken into account on the eastern front design & philosophy (zen, feng shui...). Meaning: "avoid conflicts" on the pathway.
No problem, you scored it... "listening & knowing the client"... that's what matters!

Yeah... there's bug in the Bumpmapping
Posted here:
Forum post: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,8556.msg56509.html#msg56509
Mantis Bug Tracker: https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=1129

2015-06-27, 23:18:32
Reply #5

Specto3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.specto3d.com
Wow! Amazing renders overally, especially if deadline was in 2 days!
How do you manage to do it in such a short time? Do you have small renderfarm? How many people worked on it?
Sorry if I'm beeing too curious...