Author Topic: Interior Space - Corona for Cinema4D first Impressions  (Read 15283 times)

2014-06-14, 14:46:22
Reply #15

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
This is great new for all C4D users. Thsnks for sharing.

One thing only... some render sample showed that are with post effect (Photoshop) or just rendered....?

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2014-06-14, 14:53:34
Reply #16

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube
This is great new for all C4D users. Thsnks for sharing.

One thing only... some render sample showed that are with post effect (Photoshop) or just rendered....?

Hi there iacdxb.

All renders were done only on C4D. The interior ones are only processed with C4D filtering which is something that i consider it no post, cause it comes as a C4D implementation.

As for the studio shots, they are exactly as they were rendered..meaning there was no filter what so ever. Usually i do it like that so that all my library objects have the same effect on them fro any lights i put.

Thomas Vournazos

www.slashcube.net
info@slashcube.net

2014-06-19, 11:29:44
Reply #17

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube
Hi guys,

Some updates from the apartment.

This is not actually the same....although they have the same design, cause it is a variation. I will try to post some more from this one. This will also go commercial. I decided to push myself and take the risk to try this out  on real conditions. Again, lots of stuff are missing from Alpha...but still i enjoy it. All renders together had to be done in less than 10 hours ( total renders were 5 and average 2000 res). Times were ok ( at least for me). I didnt experience many troubles with crashes or difficulties.
Although there were times where the Material Editor was freezing till textures are loaded on the preview.

Overall, i am quite happy so far, and optimistic with what this software will do when it reaches full power.

cya soon

Thomas Vournazos

www.slashcube.net
info@slashcube.net

2014-06-19, 11:41:22
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Can you be more specific about what you are missing (except for multilayer material)? BTW: If 3dsmax freezes during texture loading, make sure you have the latest servicepack installed, there was an error in 3dsmax 2014 causing this.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-19, 11:49:19
Reply #19

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube
Can you be more specific about what you are missing (except for multilayer material)? BTW: If 3dsmax freezes during texture loading, make sure you have the latest servicepack installed, there was an error in 3dsmax 2014 causing this.

Sorry....probably it wasnt clear, although i have it on the title, i am talking for Corona for C4D alpha i am testing at the moment!! :)

These are from this one and not from the Alpha version for 3Dsmax. Missin gstuff like HDRi, more complex layered material editor etc.
hope that this one clearifies the misunderstanding!

:)
Thomas Vournazos

www.slashcube.net
info@slashcube.net

2014-06-19, 11:56:17
Reply #20

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
oh, nevermind then ;). The priority for C4D is now to get the core features working (AFAIK only proper motion blur remains). Then we will focus on the production stuff like HDR loaders.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-19, 18:37:15
Reply #21

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-06-21, 00:12:39
Reply #22

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube
At the moment i'm actually putting a lot of effort on making the first commercial work with the Alpha. I will be making a small series that i will post as finished project next week. At the moment just showing a small sample of the close ups. Needless to say...the owner of the apartment went crazy with the previous set!!...so did I.

I had some crashes due to RAM issues ( from time to time the file went around 18 GB...but it is all full of stuff ) but overall still i go along pretty good.

There is also a small issue with some scaling on the UV that doesnt seem to change, even though i change the size of the tiling...but i will the developers about it...

So ....Cinema guys...till the next update of images....keep it up...and be patient!!

cheers Thomas

Thomas Vournazos

www.slashcube.net
info@slashcube.net

2014-06-21, 10:18:40
Reply #23

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube
And one more...

Thomas Vournazos