Author Topic: Render Node Allocation  (Read 1652 times)

2022-08-17, 02:10:56

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi team

I was wondering if it could be possible to send a job to JUST the local render nodes i have and not the main workstation i work on?
This will allow me to continue on working on other scenes - is this at all possible?

2022-08-17, 10:45:42
Reply #1

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1. I was also wondering this recently (C4D version)

2022-08-17, 12:42:32
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If you are using Team Render, then should indeed be possible, if you use the web server version of TR that is. If you use "Team Render to Picture Viewer" though, then the machine that submits that will always be involved - that kind of limitation is why I always use the web server version of TR ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-08-17, 13:22:43
Reply #3

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry i have no idea what team render is?  is that for C4D?  i am a 3DS max user.

If you are using Team Render, then should indeed be possible, if you use the web server version of TR that is. If you use "Team Render to Picture Viewer" though, then the machine that submits that will always be involved - that kind of limitation is why I always use the web server version of TR ;)

2022-08-17, 13:59:37
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Team Render is a network rendering tool for Cinema 4D, yes.

For 3ds Max:
You will only engage a render node license if you only render, without spawning the 3ds Max user interface.
This means that you can engage a render node license without an interface license by, for example:
- rendering through 3dsmaxcmd
- rendering through Backburner (sending a job to another machine)
- using Corona DR (this will engage 1 node license + 1 interface license on the master machine and 1 render node license on the render node machine)
- using other render managers such as Deadline, Pulze, etc
See: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526319255057
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-08-17, 15:56:58
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, yeah I saw the C4D in the immediate comment before, sorry! And I didn't touch on the subject of whether your license has extra render nodes or not, just on the technical steps involved. For Max, it's "use Backburner, as DR will always include the computer that it is submitted from" (or other network solution, but Team Render and Backburner are the 'free' ones included with the host softwares).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-08-18, 01:24:52
Reply #6

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru

Is there a simpler way to do this?  Without backburner?  I find backburner cumbersome to use and its a hit and miss for me

Team Render is a network rendering tool for Cinema 4D, yes.

For 3ds Max:
You will only engage a render node license if you only render, without spawning the 3ds Max user interface.
This means that you can engage a render node license without an interface license by, for example:
- rendering through 3dsmaxcmd
- rendering through Backburner (sending a job to another machine)
- using Corona DR (this will engage 1 node license + 1 interface license on the master machine and 1 render node license on the render node machine)
- using other render managers such as Deadline, Pulze, etc
See: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526319255057

2022-08-31, 17:22:16
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Without backburner, you can for example use the 3ds Max batch rendering tool and export your jobs into a .bat file. Then run that file on each render node. But I think that would be even more cumbersome than Backburner. :)

Another idea: on the master machine you can lower the number of threads for rendering to 1 or a bit more like 4 (Render Setup > System > # of threads). This way your master machine will use only a little bit of the available computing power (but it will still need RAM for rendering the scene).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us