Author Topic: Linear Workflow in AC / Corona?  (Read 4383 times)

2021-08-27, 14:21:00

derekjackson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm trying to understand linear workflow in the hope of improving my renders.

I assume it's possible in AC21 / Corona A5 - would anybody be able to share some key settings?

Thanks.
--------------------

www.lsiarchitects.co.uk
derekjackson.artstation.com

2021-08-31, 14:49:27
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
What is Corona A5? Also, linear workflow is just the default, but I am not 100% sure what you mean - can you describe the process once you go beyond the render, so we know what you are trying to achieve? Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-08-31, 14:50:02
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh wait, ARCHICAD - well, it's no longer supported, sorry, there's no development or support for Corona for ARCHICAD any more.

2021-09-02, 19:38:52
Reply #3

derekjackson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was meaning ArchiCAD's Alpha build 5 plugin - we're still using it even it's not being developed! Still by far the best renderer for ArchiCAD out there :)

The query was if I needed to change any settings in ArchiCAD or the Corona preferences to enable a full Linear workflow, or is purely as simple as editing the gamma of any textures / colours, and then saving the result as an EXR file?

Reading about implementing it in other software / renderers, there seem to be a few render preference settings that need to be tweaked - I was just wondering if that was the case with this plugin too, as I can't see anything in the options.
--------------------

www.lsiarchitects.co.uk
derekjackson.artstation.com

2021-09-02, 20:13:51
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No idea, sorry, since it's discontinued no-one here still works with it or even with ARCHICAD, so don't be disappointed if we can't answer (since it isn't supported now it is not in development). Maybe another user can answer though!

2021-09-08, 08:35:05
Reply #5

rozky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if lwf is possible but I don't think you need wlf to improve renders .

Use a high-quality 3d model. Level of details depending on the distance from the camera.
Use high-quality textures. Try to eliminate repeating as you can.
Set your lights and camera near to a real-world setting.
Use postprocessing LUT and lightmix.
Archicad 8-23CZE, Corona Renderer for Archicad Alpha 5