Author Topic: Minimalism On a Plate  (Read 1876 times)

2019-10-16, 12:05:47

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hey everybody,

Its been a long time since I've shared anything in here so I guess its about time to do that :) Created with Cinema 4D R21 and Corona. Any and all constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Minimalism On A Plate is a personal project designed to both invoke emotion in the viewer and at the same time present the product in a vague, non aggressive way. Sometimes the most obvious is not so obvious. It’s primary purpose is to create delight, evoke inspiration and present.

The set is comprised of a total of four images. On its own each image is different from the other, almost acting as a separate piece. When one combines the images one sees they all successfully form the complete collection. As such, they can either stand on their own or work together.

A lot of effort went into creating each and every image. A seasonal insipiration is present and there are multiple elements hinting at it. The color pallete of rustling warmer leaf tones, the more earthly and slightly weathered materials and last but not least the prop items themselves. This being a fictional project the plate itself is completely designed from scratch. The ceramic consitutition of the plate is painted black on the outside giving it a more commonness like appearance while the inside is decorated with golden nugget like stains which instill its contrasty uniquiness.

Thank you the peaking in! :)
« Last Edit: 2019-10-16, 12:09:54 by nkilar »
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-10-17, 12:27:16
Reply #1

Redeemer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice series of images, love the light and the mood you are putting here!

The images with the grapes feels a bit odd is this, it somehow misses a vertical element that binds the other images. Also, imho, the leave of the grape could use some extra attention.. it seems to be a little 'perfect' (as it would be made from plastic)

2019-10-18, 15:11:14
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Very nice series of images, love the light and the mood you are putting here!

The images with the grapes feels a bit odd is this, it somehow misses a vertical element that binds the other images. Also, imho, the leave of the grape could use some extra attention.. it seems to be a little 'perfect' (as it would be made from plastic)

Oh man, this comment is golden, thank you! Yeah, I was going back and forth on it a little bit but ultimately I thought the aspect ratio will kind of hide the fact that the content / elements on that one isn't as "vertical".

Thanks again for commenting on it, definitely super excited to have read this!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us