Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for Cinema 4D daily build  (Read 51266 times)

2019-09-27, 12:58:26
Reply #75

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having problems with nodes. When I open the scene,  i see the preview red, yellow and I don't load the material. happens to you too?

2019-09-27, 14:48:21
Reply #76

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having problems with nodes. When I open the scene,  i see the preview red, yellow and I don't load the material. happens to you too?
OS, versions, screenshot... more info would be helpful ;)
Otherwise no, no such problem.
W10, R20.059, Corona5 daily (2019-09-20)

2019-10-03, 14:50:40
Reply #77

nightwalker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Sky in lightmix seems don't work. C4d R19 Mac osx Mojave

2019-10-03, 16:30:03
Reply #78

swiat3d.net

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Sky in lightmix seems don't work. C4d R19 Mac osx Mojave

Also on Windows.
From about September 14th it is known about the bug but still quiet for fixes :/

2019-10-06, 08:48:18
Reply #79

Tommyvfxer

• Users
    • View Profile
Every other render Engines support multi-instance very soon. But why Corona DO NOT ? Even now is R21. I can not render a large scene or a serious scene with multi instance and mograph and always have to switch to other renderers . This is really anoyying.

2019-10-06, 15:34:56
Reply #80

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Every other render Engines support multi-instance very soon. But why Corona DO NOT ? Even now is R21. I can not render a large scene or a serious scene with multi instance and mograph and always have to switch to other renderers . This is really anoyying.

You are aware, though, that multi-instances "just" don't render in the IR, but do very well appear in "normal" VFB or viewport rendering?

2019-10-07, 16:47:49
Reply #81

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

Multi-instance works in Corona render but not yet in IR.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-10-08, 17:08:27
Reply #82

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Next "small" bug

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26451.0

I've already gotten used to the corona running unsteadily, but such things are elemental ...

2019-10-08, 18:05:30
Reply #83

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website

You are aware, though, that multi-instances "just" don't render in the IR, but do very well appear in "normal" VFB or viewport rendering?

Hey Cinemike, I gotta be with the Tmmyvfxer here, sorry :) Corona being primarily an architectural renderer and not supporting multi-instances in the IR is a major drawback.

Simple example -> You can't edit materials if your grass isn't showing up and the entire color tint of the scene changes because of that. Sure, you can go the old school route without using IR but at that point you are essentially back in the '00s in terms of rendering tech :))
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-10-08, 18:56:29
Reply #84

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Cinemike, I gotta be with the Tmmyvfxer here, sorry :) Corona being primarily an architectural renderer and not supporting multi-instances in the IR is a major drawback.

Simple example -> You can't edit materials if your grass isn't showing up and the entire color tint of the scene changes because of that. Sure, you can go the old school route without using IR but at that point you are essentially back in the '00s in terms of rendering tech :))

I did not say it wasn't important and I am sure it will get fixed, because it is so important. But when reading about "no multi instances with Corona", I almost instantly sense two emotions cooking up: first, there's the "I have not tried it outside of IR but I go with the stream and yell 'murder'" and/or second, I get this total "we are all going to die!" vibe.

I still think it IS possible to bridge the time with working around the issue with render instances and a lower LOD (less objects) for the time being. Multi-Instances aren't working with the IR, that's a fact, and if it were a simple fix, I am sure it would work already. I just think we should keep our cool. What would you all have done if Maxon had not introduced multi-instances at all? People worked with C4D and Corona before that, you know.

Don't panic ^^

2019-10-09, 08:53:59
Reply #85

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Well I agree with you there, I don't like people yelling about new features either. To an extent though, I do understand where its coming from. It is one of those features I think most arch-vizers out there expected would drop a few weeks after R20 was released but wasn't on top priority (I'm guessing) until lately when more and more people started talking about it.

Still, I'd like to reiterate, I don't like it when its said in caps or with an impressively negative tone. That being said, not fully supporting the new incredibly important system a few months after launch without much about it was bound to create uneasiness.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-10-14, 16:06:46
Reply #86

swiat3d.net

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From month to month I get the impression that the C4D version is treated as a worse category product. Even for basic things you have to wait for months to be repaired, like a problem with black sky in lightmix. The sad part is that the C4D version it costs the same as the 3ds max version.

2019-10-14, 17:10:53
Reply #87

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Let me assure you that it is not treated as a worse category product. Bear in mind that there is more to do for Cinema 4D, as the Max version has had many more years of development so has had much more time to mature (and hey, Corona 1 cost the same as Corona 4 there too, so it's not like they had "reduced pricing" early on either).

Also when implementing for C4D there are extra things that had to be tackled that Max never needed. Both development teams are separate, so there's no way it can be treated as "worse" (as in, moving devs to work on Max rather than C4D - doesn't happen). So there are a larger list of issues to be tackled for C4D than Max, including when things pop up such as R21 needing a lot of work to integrate with and backporting that to Corona 4 (which of course does take developers on the C4D team away from working on new features or other fixes - but we follow what the community is asking for the most).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-14, 17:11:51
Reply #88

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As always, for faster development the only solution is more developers - send them to https://corona-renderer.com/about/jobs :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-14, 18:31:43
Reply #89

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As always, for faster development the only solution is more developers - send them to https://corona-renderer.com/about/jobs :)

I have a cousin who is programmer. Shall I propose him to join? :)))

Guys, what you did in the last years, optimizing Corona for C4D, is magic. Despite some improvements which are still needed.
Just 1 1/2 years ago, what came out from C4D&Corona was raw, compared to today's results.

Keep up the great work!