Author Topic: Pulze Scene Manager - excellent scene manager for Corona users  (Read 9838 times)

2019-08-24, 10:48:02

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I've been looking for a good scene manager for complex scenes where I need to render various cameras, frames and layers from a single scene in batch rendering.
RPManager and Prism has a bit overwhelming and messy/complex UI (both old). Then I came across a new tool, Prizm which is tailored for Corona and V-ray and the whole UI setup with modules is amazing. I can honestly say that I was blown away how nice it worked - so I felt it deserved to be mentioned/noticed.

I highly recommended anyone using Corona to check it out (it's cheap and has a 1 month free trial):

https://pulze.io/products/scene-manager

2019-08-25, 05:46:37
Reply #1

DPS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I demoed this too recently and I liked the simplicity but as far as I could tell you couldn’t template it or batch submit to farm so I looked elsewhere and discovered Vexus. It’s way more powerful and as simple/complex as you make it.
Specs: AMD 1950X, Aorus Gaming 7 x399, 64GB RAM, 1080ti. Win10, Max 2017, Corona 1.7.3

2019-08-25, 18:06:14
Reply #2

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I demoed this too recently and I liked the simplicity but as far as I could tell you couldn’t template it or batch submit to farm so I looked elsewhere and discovered Vexus. It’s way more powerful and as simple/complex as you make it.

THanks for the tip, that looks indeed like a tool with a lot of options. I will definitely consider it if I one day need more possibilities than currently offered in Pulze (though for 99% of what I do Pulze will do the job perfectly)
So you are saying you can send the various renderjobs you set up directly to a renderfarm from Vexus? Like rebus or just network rendering?

2019-08-26, 22:09:05
Reply #3

moonBaseXray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We tried all of those render managers as well. We settled on Vexus.  Super easy to set up different passes and send everything to our renderfarm or render locally.  Its also much easier to work in a group with Vexus.

2019-11-07, 15:50:18
Reply #4

Attila Cselovszki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@JoachimArt: Thank you for your kind words :)

The reason behind this temporary limitation is that the Pulze Scene Manager working together with the Pulze Render Manger, the first render manager software dedicated to Archviz. You can apply for the closed beta and it will be released officially soon. https://pulze.io/products/render-manager
Give it a try and let us know what do you think!

2019-11-20, 09:42:15
Reply #5

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,
I'm looking into both these Scene Managers and have some questions

Does Vexus support multiply HDRI maps, so each camera can have a different hdri map or same hdri map with a different rotation? This also goes with having multiply Suns (since recording the time of day isn't available)
Does Vexus support Coronas Multiply Environment feature for use with light mixer & Corona image viewer?

2019-11-20, 09:56:28
Reply #6

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I'm a big fan of Pulze. I think it's price is fair at €50/year (I think?).

It is limited in some capacity, and isn't yet fully loaded as it's still quite new. I'm beginning to have good discussions with the creators and they're somewhat responsive (but nothing compared to the amazing responsiveness of corona!).

I'm sure vexus is a good alternative, but from the preview it looked awfully complicated, but I may be wrong from the comments above.

I'd recommend Pulze. I came to it having not used any other similar plug-ins and only working in Corona+Max for a year or so, but it's still dramatically improved my workflow and I use it every day.

Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-01-14, 10:20:05
Reply #7

dianalacruz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey!

I'm testing pulze scene manager and love the options it offers but I'm stuck in one big problem: When I batch render, it crashes; and if I use "bake setups" and then render with the 3ds max native batch render in "net render"; the lightmix options don't work.

Anyone knows about this?

2022-01-14, 10:26:29
Reply #8

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I have not used batch render because I'm only rendering from one machine so I can't help with this...You should contact them and ask.
Have you considered trying Pulze render manager together with scene manager - that might give you what you want, but of course yet another subscription. But you can at leaste test trial. If I had a render farm I would have used it. 

2022-01-14, 10:42:15
Reply #9

dianalacruz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have not used batch render because I'm only rendering from one machine so I can't help with this...You should contact them and ask.
Have you considered trying Pulze render manager together with scene manager - that might give you what you want, but of course yet another subscription. But you can at leaste test trial. If I had a render farm I would have used it.

Yes, I've tried to use it with the render manager, but I didn't get it to make it work with Distributed Rendering properly (wich I use the most), and with other methods I found more troubles than aids :(