Author Topic: Noise level Limit  (Read 9384 times)

2019-06-21, 18:24:53

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a "simple" question i would like to know which is a nice level limit to use?
thank you

2019-06-21, 18:35:03
Reply #1

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
5%... from my tests.

Me personally I don’t have the time to wait until images are super clean but rather switch on a higher level of denoising. Even with a denoiser at 0.7 or 0.85 Corona still preserves a good amount of details.

2019-06-23, 17:27:49
Reply #2

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
5%... from my tests.

Me personally I don’t have the time to wait until images are super clean but rather switch on a higher level of denoising. Even with a denoiser at 0.7 or 0.85 Corona still preserves a good amount of details.

ok thanks for the info!

2019-06-23, 17:56:33
Reply #3

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Additional info: from Corona 4 Beta, a much better bump map than the previous versions was introduced, as far as I see. Now, when I open old scenes and re-render, I see even the pores in wood surfaces even in total low res maps.
Such I always wanted before...

In my oppinion the new bump map became so good that I only rarely have to switch on displacement. Saves plenty of render time.

Well done Corona team !

2019-06-26, 16:01:51
Reply #4

hellyeah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Dominik Moser
you`re getting a qick tip by hovering the mouse over the noise level in the vfb. If I`m not wrong it´s proposing 5% with activated denoiser and 2% without denoising.

2019-09-03, 16:26:00
Reply #5

brankonovakovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think you will get awesome results on 3.6.
Regards,
Branko.

2019-09-03, 18:55:14
Reply #6

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From my experience around 5% for stills (which is what's recommended from the help doc) and for animation, for a good deal of scenes you can get away with just under 8% because movement will cover up a good deal of noise :D
But at the end of the day, it depends on the scene.

2019-09-09, 08:44:23
Reply #7

Gruender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is really scene depended as the corona adaptive sampling is not that effective.
We had scenes with high DOF and used 2% with denoising and still got flickering in the background (even with low setting in GI/AA Balance).
That is definetly a thing what they have to improve. Other scenes where you have only one object with SSS and just a background colour the renderer sees 4% reached, but this is 4% noise level for the whole image. Your SSS will still look far from finished.

Long story short, I would recommend to test it. For stills test it in difficult areas of your render, for animations render a complete frame and make sure it fits your needs.

Cheers...