Author Topic: Settings for Tiff, jpg etc when saving from VFB...  (Read 2581 times)

2019-02-10, 22:31:56

Vizoom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • vizoom.net
Hello,

I just saved some Tiffs with different LUTs after rendering in the save-dialog in VFB...Opened in PSD and there are all 16bit and without(!) background (from HDRI) althought it´s visible in the VFX-viewport...
How can I adjust the color-depth I wish (8/16/32bit)..and what can I do to avoid transoparent background?

When I save from C4D-native-picture-viewer I can set the depth and the Tiff comes WITH(!) the background. Doesn´t it work when saving from VFB?..or have I to adjust it somewhere before?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2019-02-10, 23:27:18 by Vizoom »
vizoom | visual craftmanship | berlin - barcelona

2019-02-11, 12:05:29
Reply #1

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you save with LUT applied it will clamp the image

2019-02-11, 14:56:08
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For a linear workflow, almost no post-processing should be used - Exposure, Vignetting, White Balance are safe but most of the rest will clamp the image, and so to preserve linear workflow after rendering you will need to do those kinds of changes in post and leave the parameters at defaults in the VFB / Render settings.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-11, 17:21:19
Reply #3

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For a linear workflow, almost no post-processing should be used - Exposure, Vignetting, White Balance are safe but most of the rest will clamp the image, and so to preserve linear workflow after rendering you will need to do those kinds of changes in post and leave the parameters at defaults in the VFB / Render settings.

Hi,

and how to avoid transoparent background? i have the same situation here, everytime i open a tiff in photoshop he remove the background from the image, before this didn´t happpen with corona just in the last builds.

2019-02-11, 17:47:48
Reply #4

Vizoom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • vizoom.net
Thanks for explanation...
Hmm even without LUT and without Bloom&Glare I get always a tiff without backgroud when saving from VFB(?)...and it´s 16 bit...why I can´t decide if I want 8 bit or 32bit perhaps?...all this works when I save the same(!)  image from picture viewer: Here I can set the depth I need ...and it comes WITH(!) background!
vizoom | visual craftmanship | berlin - barcelona

2019-02-11, 18:10:32
Reply #5

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for explanation...
Hmm even without LUT and without Bloom&Glare I get always a tiff without backgroud when saving from VFB(?)...and it´s 16 bit...why I can´t decide if I want 8 bit or 32bit perhaps?...all this works when I save the same(!)  image from picture viewer: Here I can set the depth I need ...and it comes WITH(!) background!

same here!

2019-02-11, 18:12:11
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There are no file options for saving from the VFB (bit depth, compression, alpha etc. ) at the moment. For saving to TIFF, it creates transparency rather than an Alpha when saved from the VFB at the moment. Both issues are known and tracked internally at 312925631. This is due to their being two save mechanisms, the native C4D save option, and our save option from the VFB (it is not simple to integrate with the C4D save dialogs unfortunately - this is also why CXR is not in the C4D native options).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us