Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for Cinema 4D daily build  (Read 55232 times)

2019-06-21, 13:52:16
Reply #210

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
For me, all the object disappear in objects manager when Corona 4 is installed, reappear once I install Corona 3.1 back. R18 here.
I can see everything in viewfinder, but object manager stays empty, no matter what I do! Tried restarting, reinstalling etc, nothing works!

What!? Disappear? How? Like the scene loads as empty scene?

2019-06-26, 00:01:55
Reply #211

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@gootman – Yeah, that issue has been around for a couple years now, along with many other issues. Hoping Mograph multi-instance gets some love soon.

2019-06-28, 11:51:00
Reply #212

stivnico

• Users
    • View Profile
There is a problem with the transfer of layer material. If I copy this material into a new scene, then only the layer material is copied, but the materials that are included in it are not copied.

Yes, unfortunatly it's a problem that has always existed.....

2019-06-28, 11:53:17
Reply #213

stivnico

• Users
    • View Profile
Guys please fix the "projector" shader in bump slot....becuase it doesn't work!!!
« Last Edit: 2019-07-01, 12:15:31 by stivnico »

2019-06-30, 13:08:02
Reply #214

Konichowaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
anyone else have this crash in Corona4?:
C4D crashes when in interactive render, changing camera with frames in a stage object. So I have 20 cameras's, each on a next frame in a stage object (for sending to renderfarm). When interactive rendering on frame 1 switches to next frame, c4d crash every time...
Koen Van haesendonck
3D-lab - www.3d-lab.be

2019-06-30, 15:30:44
Reply #215

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
C4D crashes when in interactive render, changing camera with frames in a stage object. So I have 20 cameras's, each on a next frame in a stage object (for sending to renderfarm). When interactive rendering on frame 1 switches to next frame, c4d crash every time...

yes, I confirm

2019-07-01, 08:55:35
Reply #216

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile

yes, I confirm

This crash also happens with the take system and the interactive renderer.
I have a setup with some takes using different cameras, others only changing materials of objects.

When using IR and switching takes during render everythign runs smoothly when only the materials change, but when you switch to a take with a different cam C4D crashes instantly.

This issue is easily reproducable so if needed I can provide bug-reports or anything.
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2019-07-01, 11:06:14
Reply #217

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
[...]
This issue is easily reproducable so if needed I can provide bug-reports or anything.

I just tried to change the camera object during IR both through stage object with keyframes and by switching takes with different camera assigned and both methods worked fine. IR changed the camera view with no crash.

I admit that my scene was super simple besides what I describe (as is always the case - fixing bugs is easier on a simple scene), so the crash might be caused by something else yet.

C4D R19 Win + Corona internal 5.0 daily

WorkFlow, if I may ask - a scene where we would be able to reproduce the issue would be great! Thank you!

2019-07-02, 08:23:12
Reply #218

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
[...]

I just tried to change the camera object during IR both through stage object with keyframes and by switching takes with different camera assigned and both methods worked fine. IR changed the camera view with no crash.

I admit that my scene was super simple besides what I describe (as is always the case - fixing bugs is easier on a simple scene), so the crash might be caused by something else yet.

C4D R19 Win + Corona internal 5.0 daily

WorkFlow, if I may ask - a scene where we would be able to reproduce the issue would be great! Thank you!

I have to admit the issue has gotten better with the final release of Corona 4. With the older Dailies it was often a single camera-switch that caused a crash and now I honestly had to switch back and forth between the takes a bit until it crashed. But that's the only wildcard - it almost always crashes when doing that, it's just a matter of when it does.

I used the private Uploader (file: 1562048114_BugReport.zip) because the scene content is not yet meant to be public. I included the scene plus the whole bug report folder C4d created.

Thanks for taking the time and checking this.
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2019-07-02, 12:45:38
Reply #219

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
btw dont forget to fix the problem already present for so long when saving a tiff allways without backgroud when saving from VFB.

2019-07-03, 10:54:08
Reply #220

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I noticed that with the new High quality image filter the times are 20% longer. Maybe with this new filter I can increase the noise threshold? type noise level 5%?
thanks

2019-07-03, 11:10:46
Reply #221

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I noticed that with the new High quality image filter the times are 20% longer. Maybe with this new filter I can increase the noise threshold? type noise level 5%?

Hi Fabio,

20% seems like a lot to me, but yes, the HQ fitering should be a bit cleaner with the same amount of passes. If those 20% were in a simple scene, then it's possible. In more complex scenes, the difference should be negligible.

2019-07-03, 11:45:09
Reply #222

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry I checked and it's almost the same .. :D
thanks

2019-07-03, 11:59:50
Reply #223

jamieirvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Infinite3D

I'm having similar issues.  Since the latest release I have had significantly more crashes. I have noticed that if i render using IR at e.g. 2000px, then stop the render and switch to final render settings and render in the vfb at any other size, then i get a crash.  It seems that any change in the size of the output causes a crash on render start. 

I'm yet to determine if this has a link to region render or not.  But it has only been happening since the final release of V4. 

Whilst I'm here, is there any plan to refine the region render behaviour so the 'marquee' doesn't reset on each render start?  It's REALLY frustrating.  It would be handy to have a tick option to keep the region active. 

Thanks
Core 3 HF2 - C4D R19 - OSX 10.13.2 - 64GB RAM

2019-07-03, 13:49:16
Reply #224

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... is there any plan to refine the region render behaviour so the 'marquee' doesn't reset on each render start?  It's REALLY frustrating.  It would be handy to have a tick option to keep the region active. 

I agree, please fix the render region!
Already posted a bug report here https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=25148.0
with no response from the devs.