Author Topic: Corona 3 Release License Question  (Read 19701 times)

2019-02-02, 16:00:42
Reply #60

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another licensing question:
When does the license countdown clock start ticking? At the time of purchase or when I activate the license?
I bought a yearly license on day 1 (Jan. 7.) but did not activate it yet. Let’s say I want to buy another license now to get that sweet discount and activate that license next year. Is that possible?
I guess I’ll find out when I activate my license if I “lost’ a month.

FYI: My only reason to buy on day 1 was the rumor that Corona invites all “DAY 1” customers to Corona's 50th Anniversary Party in the Elon Musk Club on the CORONA Mars colony.
If that rumor is true, and I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t be true, please send invitations early, I need to practice some zero G dance moves.

Thanks, and looking forward

2019-02-03, 15:20:53
Reply #61

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The "License clock" starts from purchase - whether you activate it, and how many times you activate it (on different computers for instance), doesn't affect that.

"Let’s say I want to buy another license now to get that sweet discount and activate that license next year. Is that possible? "
No, not possible, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-04, 10:48:40
Reply #62

vozyxel

• Users
    • View Profile

There won't be a box version of Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D, sorry.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????

Hi there,

Based on Max sales, The Box license is only chosen by a small fraction of our users, and also it costs us too much to maintain it. The FairSaaS license is much more flexible as it is floating, which means that one license can be used on multiple computers. A typical use of this is using the same license on an office PC and on a home PC. This is not possible with the Box license, because the serial numbers are registered to specific hardware. Just to name a few reasons why.

I think you make a mistake lumping together 3ds and Cinema users. 3ds is for years sold in subscription plans exclusively and there is no reason for someone to buy corona in box. On the other hand Cinema4D is more niche for freelancers and small firms (talking only about archviz business) and there are a lot of people who value the fact that you can still buy perpetual license. What's more I think you can lose bit of potential clients because in some EU countries there are government funding/loans (isn't Czech one of them?) for new businesses, which cannot be used for buying temporary licenses.

2019-02-07, 13:29:31
Reply #63

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We bought 2 licenses, so we have 2 seats, my question is, for exemple we have installed in same pc cinema4d R19 and R20 both with corona, we can have both cinemas opened in same seat, same for the other seat right?
thanks

2019-02-07, 14:10:52
Reply #64

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Marvey,

Yes, that should be possible - that one computer should be licensed and so be able to run as many instances of C4D as required (at least, I've heard of people running 2 instances of C4D, one acting as a master for Team Render to Picture Viewer but not contributing to the rendering, so it just acts as a controller and collector of the rendering but isn't burning up CPU power in rendering itself, with the other instance of C4D being used to keep working on a scene while that happens). Hope this helps!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-05-18, 21:35:30
Reply #65

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Buggy V3 threw me off, but v4 with Caustics & "fixes" got me considering & looking for perpetual license, since my only wish is to have a tool perfectly working at any time in my life w/o hassle of licensing when i retire and go off grid...

Maxon is appreciated for offering Cinema 4D in such a way and product greatly valued for this.
Blender throws no shadow of a doubt.
Finally it's just Corona... being with is stressful for me as it's constantly floating in status quo. To be or not to be?

Do you have an answer or are you preparing one?