Author Topic: Slowdowns  (Read 2694 times)

2017-06-13, 11:15:47

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hey guys,

I have a bit of an issue but its possible its not strictly Corona related - hence the General thread here.

Lately I have been noticing that whenever I render a more complex scene out in Corona (and to an extent it happens in V-Ray as well) the VFB and the whole Cinema gets really choppy. I mean really choppy... Like up to the point where its kinda hard to drag out a render region in the VFB. The VFB refresh rate also plummets.

Oddly, this does not  appear to happen with the standard / physical render.

I also experience slowdowns when messing with material previews sometimes.

The solution that I've found was to limit the amount of threads C4D uses. The problem with that is that I can't appear to limit them to 70 (I have a 72 thread dual Xeon). Pretty much the only value that appears to be working is a value below 36 for some reason. Obviously that halves the performance so it isnt a good solution.

I am posting here to start a debate, maybe I am not the only one that is really bothered by this "problem".

Cheers!

edit: I had this issue on my i7 4790k as well but I suppose it was a little less pronounced.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-06-28, 09:52:11
Reply #1

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi, yes you arnt alone here. From times i get the exact same thing. Rerendering several times while changing and optimising material and stuff c4d gets realy slow and less responsive. And this is clearly corona related since thats not happening in my daily workflow using physical/Advanced render.

i dont realy know where that is comming from. Feels a bit like the renderer never realy shuts down in the background and keeps processing whatever - idk. CPU and RAM usage dont realy show it but sth blocks c4d from doing its thing mainly :/

2017-06-28, 10:02:45
Reply #2

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I will change the thread scheduling policy in next daily build, and we will see if it helps.

Nikola

2017-07-12, 09:23:59
Reply #3

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thread scheduling policy changed in the 2017-07-11 daily build https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15602.msg105333.html#msg105333. Please test it whether it helps. Thank you.

Nikola