Author Topic: Batch Editing Images with Corona Image Editor  (Read 103295 times)

2018-08-06, 20:38:24
Reply #45

Ironman2015

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
OK, I've created a animated sequence of .crx files and put them into one folder. Brought the CoronaImageBatch.bat into the same folder. Installed the new Corona_2018-07-24 daily build with the updated CIE build 3. Saved out my postprocess and light config files and I get this window when launching the .bat file. It appears for about 5 seconds disappears and then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong.   

2018-08-07, 08:43:16
Reply #46

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,
OK, I've created a animated sequence of .crx files and put them into one folder. Brought the CoronaImageBatch.bat into the same folder. Installed the new Corona_2018-07-24 daily build with the updated CIE build 3. Saved out my postprocess and light config files and I get this window when launching the .bat file. It appears for about 5 seconds disappears and then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong.   
Network paths are not supported by cmd.exe - it is Windows thing. Either map that path as a network drive, or copy your files to some local folder. ;-)

P.S. posting the same question into several threads is not necessary. For a new topic that is not being discussed elsewhere it is always the best to create a separate thread.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-07, 08:47:32 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-09-05, 09:44:18
Reply #47

Giona

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
    • Giona Andreani 3D Visualization
Hi,

I'm testing the batch editing to apply denoise to an animation, but during the process some random frames gives an error "Render element does not exist, or cannot be considered for denoising (it is hidden, or it is not an RGB element)".
(see picture in attachment)

I edited the .bat to denoise only the BEAUTY pass, and if I manually open the frames that are giving errors they are perfectly fine and I can denoise and save them.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

2018-09-05, 09:56:22
Reply #48

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm testing the batch editing to apply denoise to an animation, but during the process some random frames gives an error "Render element does not exist, or cannot be considered for denoising (it is hidden, or it is not an RGB element)".
(see picture in attachment)

I edited the .bat to denoise only the BEAUTY pass, and if I manually open the frames that are giving errors they are perfectly fine and I can denoise and save them.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks
Hi, please, can you privately upload (https://corona-renderer.com/upload) some of the failed CXR frames so we can investigate it?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-09-05, 10:11:13
Reply #49

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
Hi, please, can you privately upload (https://corona-renderer.com/upload) some of the failed CXR frames so we can investigate it?

Sure, I just uploaded a failed cxr. (test0007.cxr)
You can find more of them (test0009, test0013) into the private dropbox folder.

Thanks!

2018-09-05, 11:07:34
Reply #50

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile

Thanks!
Thanks. And which CIE and Corona version do you use? Can you please try to run the script with latest daily? Seems to work for me.

2018-09-05, 11:41:51
Reply #51

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile

Thanks!
Thanks. And which CIE and Corona version do you use? Can you please try to run the script with latest daily? Seems to work for me.

I'm using Corona 2.0 Final.
Is it possible to download only the latest batch script without install the daily build of corona?

Thanks

2018-09-06, 09:38:43
Reply #52

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile

Hi Mike288, I tried to install the latest daily build and run the script again. Now it gives errors more frequently than before..
This is a huge problem for me, because I need to manually denoise all the missing frames of the animation.

2018-09-06, 10:14:42
Reply #53

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here are my findings so far:
-PNG and "lost" background - this depends on the software you are using. Photoshop is not very good at this, and it will always (?) treat background as alpha. But if you open your image in Fusion, you can use the "make alpha solid" option, which will remove the transparency, an will show the background.
-Errors when processing with the batch tool - I downloaded your sample CXR files from our Dropbox repository, saved a .conf file with a few tweaks and denoising enabled, and processed all of those frames with no errors whatsoever. I am using Corona Image Editor from the latest daily build (30.08).
Are you sure that you are not running out of RAM during the processing of the frames?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-09-06, 16:30:51
Reply #54

karnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also have random errors when working with CoronaImageBatch.BAT and CXR frames of an animation.
I edited the BAT file and added a pause at the end of each frame in the loop, and this reduced the error count.
Might this be related to the hard disk access?

edit.
It was an issue on my end.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-24, 15:24:56 by karnak »
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2018-09-06, 17:46:28
Reply #55

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I also have random errors when working with CoronaImageBatch.BAT and CXR frames of an animation.
I edited the BAT file and added a pause at the end of each frame in the loop, and this reduced the error count.
Might this be related to the hard disk access?
What are these errors? Can you tell us more?

2018-09-06, 18:28:25
Reply #56

karnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Mostly the one below. The frames with the errors are not always the same.

Code: [Select]
Error: There are not selected any render elements that can be saved. You need to select at least one.
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2018-09-12, 12:53:43
Reply #57

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been asked before, apologies if it has but can I tell the batch script what format to output, and/or which elements I would like to be saved with the beauty pass?

Thanks

2018-09-12, 16:29:44
Reply #58

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Never mind, I found out that the .bat file is just an editable text document and everything inside is commented to make for easy editing - thanks

2018-09-12, 16:35:47
Reply #59

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been asked before, apologies if it has but can I tell the batch script what format to output, and/or which elements I would like to be saved with the beauty pass?
Yes, you can find both things in the provided example/readme.

:: Selects a render element that should be processed and saved. It could be
:: either the name of a single render element as it is presented in the GUI
:: version of the editor (for instance, the beauty render element BEAUTY),
:: or the asterisk symbol (*) for selecting all render elements at once.
set inputElement=*

:: Selects an image format to use for saving output images. Could be either
:: png, bmp, jpg, exr, or cxr for the Corona EXR format.
set outputFormat=png