Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 205698 times)

2017-10-12, 20:41:23
Reply #660

nightwalker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How does Autosave work?
In corona preferences I have autosave enabled, but it does not work, corona preference folder is empty. I tried to change folder but can not do it: once i chose the autosave folder it can not go any further, but i can only click on cancel.
Did I miss or forgot some passage? Is a bug or is this feature not yet active?

Sorry for my bad English

Corona build 2017-10-11 - Cinema 4d R18 - MacOs Sierra

2017-10-12, 21:00:12
Reply #661

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
More than one object grouped in null under symmetry (A) will not show in IR (B).  When ungrouped (C) it renders fine (D).

What about now with the newest version, is symmetry working for you? (it should be :-) ) I know Nejc Kilar also reported it...

Symmetry is working great.  IR seems much faster too!

2017-10-12, 21:19:50
Reply #662

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Kudos to the devs, they are continuing to impress in various ways... Hats off :)

That said, Symmetry does appear to be a tiiinny bit buggy still. I've attached two screenshots.

In the first SS I have the non-edible parametric Symmetry with two cubes - works great.
In the second SS I have the Symmetry object converted into an editable object (and the cubes pushed back a little bit) - it creates duplicates in the IR.

For me this isn't a deal breaker and I don't consider it urgent for my workflow at least. If I restart the IR everything is showing correctly so thats ok.

I gotta say, from playing around with the IR in the latest daily build (2017-10-11) the stability of it is much MUCH better than it was before. Impressive! :)

edit: forgot to post the actual screenshots.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-10-12, 21:31:08
Reply #663

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
How does Autosave work?
In corona preferences I have autosave enabled, but it does not work, corona preference folder is empty. I tried to change folder but can not do it: once i chose the autosave folder it can not go any further, but i can only click on cancel.
Did I miss or forgot some passage? Is a bug or is this feature not yet active?

Sorry for my bad English

Corona build 2017-10-11 - Cinema 4d R18 - MacOs Sierra

Doesn't work here on the PC. There may be two issues:

- Trying to set the save destination is actually a "File Open" dialog so needs you to select a file that already exists, rather than pick a destination folder and file name

- I tried to overcome that by just typing in folder and filename into the parameter rather than choosing one through the OS file select dialog, but even then nothing was saved when rendering, or after 60 seconds when I set autosave to 1 min intervals. Of course, could be that entering the folder and filename directly prevented this from working, so it may just be one issue :)

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-12, 21:43:01
Reply #664

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, big thumbs up to the devs. I used the latest version this afternoon for a couple of hrs without a single crash. Plenty of playing with geometry, variation shader, uv editing, etc and it was flawless and really fun using the IR.

I've found a bug I haven't seen elsewhere but might have missed it.

The environment tab in settings with the overrides for background, etc doesn't work when using the IR. Still seems to work fine when doing a final render as before.

Well looking forward to the next build.

2017-10-12, 22:02:19
Reply #665

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, big thumbs up to the devs. I used the latest version this afternoon for a couple of hrs without a single crash. Plenty of playing with geometry, variation shader, uv editing, etc and it was flawless and really fun using the IR.

I've found a bug I haven't seen elsewhere but might have missed it.

The environment tab in settings with the overrides for background, etc doesn't work when using the IR. Still seems to work fine when doing a final render as before.

Well looking forward to the next build.

Something to add on to this.  Global material override does not work correctly on objects that use selection tags.

2017-10-12, 22:21:38
Reply #666

nightwalker

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Doesn't work here on the PC. There may be two issues:

- Trying to set the save destination is actually a "File Open" dialog so needs you to select a file that already exists, rather than pick a destination folder and file name

- I tried to overcome that by just typing in folder and filename into the parameter rather than choosing one through the OS file select dialog, but even then nothing was saved when rendering, or after 60 seconds when I set autosave to 1 min intervals. Of course, could be that entering the folder and filename directly prevented this from working, so it may just be one issue :)

Thanks for the tests, I tried it too, but it does not work. I did not understand if the files are saved in some other unknown folder.
I did not find on the forum other users who have had such a problem.
I hope this is a problem that can be easily resolved in one of the next builds.

Thanks to the Corona Team for your great work.

2017-10-13, 02:39:06
Reply #667

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Confirming,
autosave doesn't work since 2017-10-04 build.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-13, 02:42:30 by burnin »

2017-10-13, 07:47:54
Reply #668

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
Guys, when are you going to add IES file full support, so it appears as a file instead of a path? I requested this bug to be fixed multiple times.

2017-10-13, 09:40:50
Reply #669

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think somebody (perhaps even from your team) mentioned here that IR doesn't register camera animation at all. It starts upon camera movement over and over again, but renders only the first frame. I'm talking about latest daily build. This behavior is consistent on both Win 10 and OSX (El Crap). Please check video in the attachment.
P.S. IR is now waaay more responsive.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-13, 09:53:36 by nesha_2 »

2017-10-13, 09:56:45
Reply #670

puscyfer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Global volume, when using render view seems to only be working if i have the volume material window open, and change the absorption distance value...

2017-10-13, 13:23:48
Reply #671

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Global volume, when using render view seems to only be working if i have the volume material window open, and change the absorption distance value...

If you mean in an offline render (global doesn't seem to be working in IR), it's not a bug as such as the Absorption distance in a Corona Volume material starts at a default of 0, which would indeed give no effect in the rendered scene. This is the same in 3ds Max, and most likely by design as the actual distance required will be unique and wildly varied for each scene, so there's no "good" default value and best to set it to 0 to encourage / remind people to set a value that works for that scene :)

Let me know if you meant something different, though! For example, once you have set an absorption distance, there's no need to keep the material window open, as it would be a bug if that was happening for you (it isn't happening here).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-13, 20:25:15
Reply #672

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-10-13, 22:17:52
Reply #673

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nikola I could kiss you! Thanks for the rounded edges fix. Not tried it yet but I'm sure it's back to being brilliant. Awesome job and thanks for all your and the teams hard work. No doubt corona is the best..... just the bump mapping to go 😬

2017-10-13, 23:08:27
Reply #674

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the new build.  So far I have noticed that reflection glossiness does not update in IR.  You can change glossiness and turn off the entire channel and there's no effect.

I feel like an idiot - sorry, my mistake.  I have two very similar materials and I was changing the wrong one!  Everything is great so far and things seem to be getting much, much faster.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-13, 23:15:19 by kmwhitt »