Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 203017 times)

2017-04-27, 11:19:11
Reply #210

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

now im seeing what might be the problem here. There seems to be some runtime missing. Question is which one is it since corona ran with main app already on this machine.

2017-04-27, 13:02:41
Reply #211

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

now im seeing what might be the problem here. There seems to be some runtime missing. Question is which one is it since corona ran with main app already on this machine.

Every program developed with Visual C++ needs these runtime libraries to be able to run on the target machine. To be sure these runtime libraries are present on target computer Corona installer installs them.

To get these libraries to your computer you can start windows update and it should install them automatically, or you can install them manually https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587. But it is strange because main application already works with Corona on the target machine as you said. Please try to install them manually to see if ti helps.

2017-04-27, 17:19:57
Reply #212

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm getting a team render crash (libembree.2.12.0.dylib). Host machine is Mac Pro running 10.12.4, render node is Hackintosh running 10.10.5

Pretty much an immediate crash regardless of scene content.
Hi, I am fixing the teamrender right now. You can expect progress in stability in upcoming daily builds.

PS: You can use Windows computer as your render node instead of hackintosh as long as you have exactly the same version of Cinema, Corona and used plugins on both computers because teamrender is crossplatform.

Good to know. About the fixing. I wouldn't change my hackintosh back to windows if my life depended on it!
Thanks

2017-04-27, 17:35:45
Reply #213

hellyeah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Dominik Moser

Thank you. According to the bug report, there is some problem with getting a licence from the server. I will create a special testing build with debug messages and I will send it to you to find the cause of the problems.

Sounds great! Thank you, Nikola!

2017-04-28, 13:21:56
Reply #214

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi again. Thx Nikola for pointing me the right direction. Never knowed i can start c4d with console for debugging. Looking forward to me awesome stuff. What exactly do the macs need to run the plugin? i have no admin rights so i cant install the mac package. Do the plugin itself differ between windows and mac or is it also just a matter of missing sdk's?

one question - is it planned that the interactive rendering will get DR support as well?

2017-05-01, 11:45:31
Reply #215

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seems the RoundEdges is not working correctly in the last Daily Builds, when i import my models from archicad to c4d, all the walls are separated so what i do for long time is connect all the walls in one single object and then i apply the roundedge shader and was working perfect, but right now with the last daily builds he is creating roundedges in all corners... that dont happen before when i connect all the objects to one... i will attach a image showing whats going on...
thanks

2017-05-01, 21:44:46
Reply #216

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Seems the RoundEdges is not working correctly in the last Daily Builds, when i import my models from archicad to c4d, all the walls are separated so what i do for long time is connect all the walls in one single object and then i apply the roundedge shader and was working perfect, but right now with the last daily builds he is creating roundedges in all corners... that dont happen before when i connect all the objects to one... i will attach a image showing whats going on...
thanks

Perhaps this forum post might be of help - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15892.0.html :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-05-02, 01:23:46
Reply #217

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yeah seems i am not the first one complaning about it...seems the problem is we dont have the correct option to work on c4d with roundedges yet, before with the old build worked perfect but now something changed and in max there are extra option to fix the problem, in c4d we dont have the options yet, and the ones we have i tried them but dont fix the problem. I attach the printscreen showing the diference of max options and c4d options.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-02, 02:00:07 by Marvey »

2017-05-02, 14:56:18
Reply #218

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity - will we see a combination of IR and DR. Means distributing the Rendering while beeing interactively rendering?

2017-05-02, 16:36:58
Reply #219

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i'd rather have DR or at least TR working propperly before considering to use IR myselfe..

2017-05-03, 08:38:53
Reply #220

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm very scared about these beta versions. There are so many problems and I'm working these days on animation. It's not the moment for me to change anything.
A6.3 will stop at 2017-05-11. Do you plan an extension ?

2017-05-03, 11:40:09
Reply #221

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I'm very scared about these beta versions. There are so many problems and I'm working these days on animation. It's not the moment for me to change anything.
A6.3 will stop at 2017-05-11. Do you plan an extension ?

Hi there!

I understand your concerns, but most of these bugs are either minor or are present in the alpha version as well. And honestly I don't think that beta is considerably less stable than alpha (anyone please correct me if I am wrong). The best would be to give the beta a try yourself and report any issues to us to make sure that they are fixed.

We are not planning to support the alpha by new bugfixes for a long time now. But it will always be available to download.

2017-05-03, 11:49:00
Reply #222

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm using the latest beta without problems!
Only a few problems with the stop button via team render does however work the same.
Is there any release for beta with IR? a month? two?

2017-05-03, 12:55:56
Reply #223

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi there!

I understand your concerns, but most of these bugs are either minor or are present in the alpha version as well. And honestly I don't think that beta is considerably less stable than alpha (anyone please correct me if I am wrong). The best would be to give the beta a try yourself and report any issues to us to make sure that they are fixed.

We are not planning to support the alpha by new bugfixes for a long time now. But it will always be available to download.

Hi Houska
Will you guys fix the roundedge problem in the next build? or add all the options as you have in max to work with roundegde shader correctly in c4d? roundedge shader Works but seems in the last betas something changed in it, and we need all the option you have in max to be able to work with it correctly in c4d. thank you

2017-05-03, 16:47:20
Reply #224

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

Hi there!

Hi Houska
Will you guys fix the roundedge problem in the next build? or add all the options as you have in max to work with roundegde shader correctly in c4d? roundedge shader Works but seems in the last betas something changed in it, and we need all the option you have in max to be able to work with it correctly in c4d. thank you

Hi Marvey!

Yes, we will do our best to include it in the nearest daily build. The fix shouldn't really be a problem. It's - as you said - just adding one parameter that is already handled in Max.