Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 206981 times)

2017-10-26, 17:39:58
Reply #765

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure here it is the model, i tried everything but i cant use roundedge shader correctly as you see he creates a roundedge in every edge of the model.... all my models are imported from archicad (it allways worked well in some old alphas), the old roudedge shader allways worked very well but seems the corona team changed something in shader and after that i allways got this problem. i attach the mesh
Hi Marvy,

thank you for the scene. Now I can see what you mean and you are right it doesn't work as before in this case and I am trying to find the bug now.

Nikola

Amazing Nikola, waiting for the fix! :)

2017-10-26, 17:41:00
Reply #766

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are these texture maps, or procedural maps (and if so, are they the native C4D ones?)

Sorry! Yes, they are one of the built-in C4D noises with no UV mapping just world space.

2017-10-26, 18:35:06
Reply #767

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry! Yes, they are one of the built-in C4D noises with no UV mapping just world space.

I've not been able to duplicate here, could you share the scene and steps?

In my test - CoronaMtl with native C4D Noise applied in the Diffuse, I tried many different types of noise in that map, all set to World. Interactive Render in the viewport matched offline render in Corona VFB matched IR render in Corona VFB matched the results shown in the native C4D Picture Viewer and matched results when using Render Viewport. This was C4D R19 with Oct 25th build of Corona.

Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-26, 18:58:57
Reply #768

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I've not been able to duplicate here, could you share the scene and steps?

In my test - CoronaMtl with native C4D Noise applied in the Diffuse, I tried many different types of noise in that map, all set to World. Interactive Render in the viewport matched offline render in Corona VFB matched IR render in Corona VFB matched the results shown in the native C4D Picture Viewer and matched results when using Render Viewport. This was C4D R19 with Oct 25th build of Corona.

Thanks!

Here's my scene (Attached). I think I've isolated to issue a little more... The different result in the IPR is only showing up when I execute the IPR from the Corona drop-down menu... If I then stop the render in the Corona IPR/VFB then restart it I get a different result (the same result that is showing in Cinema's Picture Viewer...)

Let me know... Thanks, Tom!

- Shawn

2017-10-26, 19:19:08
Reply #769

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ty for the scene, yes that happens to me too.

I get an error on loading the scene, about missing Arnold Renderer plugins but I deleted the render settings for that and still got the same result. For me, I can render to IR in the VFB, and get the "smoother" result, render offline in VFB and get the "rougher" result, and repeat that over and over, so both are giving different results.

However, if I create a new sphere and apply the displacement material to it (leaving the old sphere in there too), the new sphere does NOT show this change between IR and offline, while the old sphere continues to render differently.

2017-10-26, 19:21:21
Reply #770

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Weird! Well, Let me play around a bit more... Yeah... I was testing the new Arnold noise support...

- Shawn

2017-10-26, 19:24:34
Reply #771

fabrica

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you make your sphere editable you get the same results in IPR and viewer.

2017-10-26, 19:26:09
Reply #772

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ty for the scene, yes that happens to me too.

I get an error on loading the scene, about missing Arnold Renderer plugins but I deleted the render settings for that and still got the same result. For me, I can render to IR in the VFB, and get the "smoother" result, render offline in VFB and get the "rougher" result, and repeat that over and over, so both are giving different results.

However, if I create a new sphere and apply the displacement material to it (leaving the old sphere in there too), the new sphere does NOT show this change between IR and offline, while the old sphere continues to render differently.

Hey Tom! I think I found the issue! I believe it has to do with the (Render Perfect) Checkbox on the Sphere primitive. With that unchecked, I'm not seeing the different mapping. With it check on though I get different results.

2017-10-26, 19:32:38
Reply #773

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Confirming that unchecking Render Perfect makes it render the same in IR and offline. However, my new Sphere was also set to Render Perfect and didn't show changes, so still something odd happening :)

If I copy the problem sphere, it inherits the problem.

I can also confirm that making it editable corrects it too.

2017-10-27, 06:44:54
Reply #774

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When I'm using C4Ds noises I'm trying to create an Autobump effect but I'm getting different mapping within the bump channel and displacement channels... Is this a known issue?
« Last Edit: 2017-10-27, 06:48:20 by astrofalcon »

2017-10-29, 04:08:24
Reply #775

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When I'm using C4Ds noises I'm trying to create an Autobump effect but I'm getting different mapping within the bump channel and displacement channels... Is this a known issue?

After playing around some more this is only an issue with the Sphere primitive. Once a Sphere Primitive is made editable the mapping works as expected.

- Shawn

2017-10-29, 14:50:55
Reply #776

anton taf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Interactive rendering is performing very slow on my Dual Xeon pc. On my Ryzen 1700x is performing much better. I'm testing with the same scene on R17.
On Xeon it takes too much time to update when rotating the scene. Is this normal for now? Thanks

2017-10-29, 23:45:43
Reply #777

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile
Interactive rendering is performing very slow on my Dual Xeon pc. On my Ryzen 1700x is performing much better. I'm testing with the same scene on R17.
On Xeon it takes too much time to update when rotating the scene. Is this normal for now? Thanks

Try to enable force path tracing in preferences and check is it faster

2017-10-30, 13:58:35
Reply #778

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
with latest build even on preview (no IPR), volume seems buggy. i have to re-tick something on volume material to do any action when rendering. every second render it feels like volume disables itself.

2017-10-30, 17:43:41
Reply #779

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
with latest build even on preview (no IPR), volume seems buggy. i have to re-tick something on volume material to do any action when rendering. every second render it feels like volume disables itself.

Hi KK1993!

Could you please clarify this? What do you mean by "even on preview"? Also, when you say that the volume is buggy, what does it actually mean? Somehow I understood that when you render, the volume is sometimes OK and sometimes it does not show at all, is that correct?

The reason I'm asking is that I tried to render a simple cube with Corona Volume material and everything is fine, so there must be something that I didn't understand correctly.