Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 203099 times)

2017-10-19, 16:26:08
Reply #705

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm doing some test with a simple new scene under OSX 10.9.5 and cinema 4d r19 studio... it seems to work fine.. but only one question: why when i stop render under corona VFB, he does not save anything?? no light mix saved... no multi pass.... nothing.... this happen with all new scenes and older a6.4 scene..

If you stop a render early, it won't save, you'd have to manually save it. Could be by design, as if stopping early maybe it's because there was something wrong with it.

If you enable Automatic saving on render end in the Corona Preferences, then if the render completes normally (reaches the time, noise or pass limit) then it will automatically save to the files specified in the rendering settings Save section.

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-19, 16:49:20
Reply #706

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm doing some test with a simple new scene under OSX 10.9.5 and cinema 4d r19 studio... it seems to work fine.. but only one question: why when i stop render under corona VFB, he does not save anything?? no light mix saved... no multi pass.... nothing.... this happen with all new scenes and older a6.4 scene..

If you stop a render early, it won't save, you'd have to manually save it. Could be by design, as if stopping early maybe it's because there was something wrong with it.

If you enable Automatic saving on render end in the Corona Preferences, then if the render completes normally (reaches the time, noise or pass limit) then it will automatically save to the files specified in the rendering settings Save section.

thanks a lot for your reply, but in the last alpha a6.4 he does not work like this... usually when i launch render, i put 9999 passes, and then, when i see a good for me, i manually stop render and he save as specified in the render setting....i could not save before how many passes or time he need to be ok...

this is very important not for the beauty... i could save it manually... but how could I save the multi passes .PSD level file of photoshop manually??? i try to save it manually, ma no level compare in the PSD file....

2017-10-19, 17:04:31
Reply #707

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Been a long time since I have had the Alpha installed, but in the latest daily there are several ways to save the file if you stop it early:

The first is the Save All option (dropdown from the Save) in the Corona VFB, this will save one image for each multipass layer. You can also use Save CXR to save it in Corona EXR format. This contains all the layers in one file, and can be opened for adjustment in the Corona Image Editor (or you can rename it to .exr and it will open in any software that opens EXRs).

From the Picture Viewer, under the Corona menu there is the "Dump to EXR" option that does the same thing as "Save CXR" from the VFB.

The CXRs can also be used to resume rendering from where they left off too (https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000035761-how-to-pause-and-resume-rendering-with-corona-renderer-for-cinema-4d-)

2017-10-19, 17:10:53
Reply #708

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Been a long time since I have had the Alpha installed, but in the latest daily there are several ways to save the file if you stop it early:

The first is the Save All option (dropdown from the Save) in the Corona VFB, this will save one image for each multipass layer. You can also use Save CXR to save it in Corona EXR format. This contains all the layers in one file, and can be opened for adjustment in the Corona Image Editor (or you can rename it to .exr and it will open in any software that opens EXRs).

From the Picture Viewer, under the Corona menu there is the "Dump to EXR" option that does the same thing as "Save CXR" from the VFB.

The CXRs can also be used to resume rendering from where they left off too (https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000035761-how-to-pause-and-resume-rendering-with-corona-renderer-for-cinema-4d-)

thanks for reply.... How could i save a .PSD files with all the layers separated in one file???
renaming the CXR in EXR and open it in photoshop, give one file, with one layer....  I need the .PSD file with all the layer, separated...

2017-10-19, 17:28:14
Reply #709

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
From the Picture Viewer, drop into the Layer tab, ensure Multi-Pass is selected, then use File, Save as, choose PSD format, and ensure Layers is checked (I believe the same process as for any renderer). Hope this helps!

2017-10-19, 17:36:26
Reply #710

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From the Picture Viewer, drop into the Layer tab, ensure Multi-Pass is selected, then use File, Save as, choose PSD format, and ensure Layers is checked (I believe the same process as for any renderer). Hope this helps!

more complicated than the alpha version but it is ok like this... thanks... :-)

2017-10-19, 17:43:09
Reply #711

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome! Not sure if the addition of PSD format to saving from the VFB is planned or not, that would be one for the developers, but at least it has you up and running in the meantime :)

2017-10-19, 17:44:09
Reply #712

aias

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear developers,

I have found that a scene I'm working on causes Corona to crash without any crash report since the 5 of September build, consistently until the latest version.
More specifically, the VFB, Picture Viewer or even the Cinema 4d Viewport go completely black after pass 6 without any error reported.

This happens both in MacOS Sierra and High Sierra and is consistent therefore I suppose that this is a deep bug carried on from early to late versions.

As the scene is zipped 200mb please message me in pm to send you a download link. Thank you for your great effort!

2017-10-19, 21:20:48
Reply #713

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
[...] please message me in pm to send you a download link. Thank you for your great effort!

Hi and thank you for wanting to help us with making Corona for C4D better! You can use our private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
But if you insist, you can send me a download link through PM.

2017-10-19, 22:59:32
Reply #714

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seems there is a bug in uvw mapping, when i reduce de scale size of the uvw mapping for a short number i get some artifacts in the render, with cubic mapping i can reduce the scale for the value i want without any problem.
please check the attach printscreen.

Hi, what exactly do you mean by the "short number" - what are the values? Also, what does your setup in general look like, for example, what does your material contain? It would be great if you could send us the scene - maybe just the problematic object - so that we could try it out and fix the bug. Thank you!

Hi Houska

I attach the file with the material inside, anyway i found the bug is related to the uvw mapping scale and bump mapping, if i uncheck the bump the bug disapear, anyway check the file please. thanks!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-19, 23:03:50 by Marvey »

2017-10-20, 00:08:54
Reply #715

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Seems there is a bug in uvw mapping, when i reduce de scale size of the uvw mapping for a short number i get some artifacts in the render, with cubic mapping i can reduce the scale for the value i want without any problem.
please check the attach printscreen.

Hi, what exactly do you mean by the "short number" - what are the values? Also, what does your setup in general look like, for example, what does your material contain? It would be great if you could send us the scene - maybe just the problematic object - so that we could try it out and fix the bug. Thank you!

Hi Houska

I attach the file with the material inside, anyway i found the bug is related to the uvw mapping scale and bump mapping, if i uncheck the bump the bug disapear, anyway check the file please. thanks!

Fixed it for you!
I wasn't in the mood to reproject all the uvs, that's better done before any deformation is applied and so I played a bit with the settings. Since it worked properly in the diffuse channel, I thought that there could be something with the map.
Solution: I just put it in a corona bitmap shader.(result on the right)

2017-10-20, 02:29:17
Reply #716

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I fixed your scene. It was just a quick and dirty run over but I optimized the topology to quads and a lower polycount, flattened UVs to a single island.
I made a normal and height map, so you don't lose the detail.(the original mesh was a bit choppy at the ends).
The material is the same that you created, I just added two projector shaders for normal or displacement, so you can scale your map up and down without having to realign the new maps.
It's by far not perfect but it should be easier to work with.

Since the uploader allows only max 15MB individual files, I put it into my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ak3h3tza8ioi48/bed-fixed.rar?dl=0

edit 2: c4d projection shader doesn't seem to work properly when the crn bitmap shader inside.
Fixed it without and uploaded again.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-20, 18:13:19 by Eddoron »

2017-10-20, 08:58:03
Reply #717

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is there any info when is about to release fixed version of volumetric fog working with IPR?
love your work

2017-10-20, 09:41:51
Reply #718

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what about the last daily built compatibility with OSX yosemite???

2017-10-20, 15:01:24
Reply #719

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
is there any info when is about to release fixed version of volumetric fog working with IPR?
love your work

Hi karklinskarlis1993! Unfortunately there's still some more work needed to be done in this regard. We fixed the global volume in normal render, but IPR will need some more love.