Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 203123 times)

2017-10-13, 23:26:07
Reply #675

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The LUT's have disappeared.  Restarting Cinema does not bring them back.

2017-10-14, 01:15:40
Reply #676

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sort of confirming the above, basically what happened is that with first IR everything in VFB got reset... didn't explore further

also,
if Instances have Render Instance checked, materials from the original object are disregarded (default diffuse gets used)

&
Interactive VS Final rendering comparison for the kicks, to feed the curiosity & help resolving any issues arising from not knowing "Are there any differences between regular and interactive rendering?"...

2017-10-14, 11:52:33
Reply #677

quatrosolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First of all, Congrats to the developers for all those fast updates & fixes.

Testing on MacOS with the latest build and I can confirm that

all of the following:
low resolution of textures in Viewport
nonworking render regions on macOS
round edges shader
instances not updating materials if their parent updates

have been fixed with the latest two versions

The thing is that since yesterday I am having some weird crashes  ( and that pretty much never happened before )
on a large outdoor scene I am testing and since I couldn't replicate the problem in other scenes  at first I thought there was something wrong with the specific scene. I tested with both 13/OCT & 11/OCT build and they were both crashing every time.

Unfortunately! Going back to the build of 9/OCT seems to solve the problem but without all those nice fixes you introduced, so maybe it is a combination of problems.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I've attached one of the bugreports in case it could be of use.

Cheers!

2017-10-14, 13:46:47
Reply #678

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The thing is that since yesterday I am having some weird crashes  ( and that pretty much never happened before )
on a large outdoor scene I am testing and since I couldn't replicate the problem in other scenes  at first I thought there was something wrong with the specific scene. I tested with both 13/OCT & 11/OCT build and they were both crashing every time.
Anyone else having the same problem?...

Can't disapprove or confirm... Would you care to describe the scene & steps to reproduce the crash or make an exemplary file? How complex is it? Have you done any exploring, reset on render settings, cameras, lights...?

2017-10-14, 15:49:48
Reply #679

quatrosolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Of course anything you might need.

It is an outdoor scene, no vegetation yet, large in scale but very few polygons, file size is 70mb in c4d. I was also using round corners if this is significant.
I tried exporting everything and setting up from the beginning nothing changed it kept crushing at pass 6. I have heard in the forums of some adaptive algorithm after pass 6 but cant find it, maybe this is a clue?  The only solution that worked for now was  going back to the previous build.

2017-10-14, 19:06:50
Reply #680

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile
The LUT's have disappeared.  Restarting Cinema does not bring them back.

Just click on top emty field and navigate to folder where luts are installed and you will have them again...

2017-10-14, 23:52:26
Reply #681

Silverwing

• Active Users
  • You don´t dream in cryo
    • View Profile
    • Silverwing-VFX
Hi there, this is my first post here since a while.
If I rather should post that into the bug section, feel free to move it there!

First of all thank you for your development and your time. Corona is a great and promising product.

When trying interactive rendering with my material test scene I noticed that CoronaC4D Lights behave different in the interactive rendering then in the final rendering.

The brightens of the lights seems on spot when using interactive (like what I had setup in previous versions of Corona (without interactive) in terms of brightness) When final rendering they become brighter.

When using polygons with a "light material" on them interactive and final rendering are looking exactly the same! (as expected)

Also note that there is still a problem with UV´s and on the latest built (10.13.2017) also can be seen in the File.

So in essence: There is something wrong with the Corona C4D Lights so they show up to bright in the final rendering. (This problem seems to be existent since interactive was introduced)

In the attached scene I have also a setup with the light material polys. So you can switch back and forth and see the difference.

Cheers,
Raphael

2017-10-15, 03:59:51
Reply #682

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Lights are brighter in Final rendering.
Confirming non-consistency issue.

Instanced objects: Render Instance activated does not pick up original materials.
Textures missing from the inner ball are caused by having Render Instance active on Sphere instance. You can disable it, for it has no role with Corona (feature request - when activated "Use as Proxy")

2017-10-15, 12:47:59
Reply #683

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried unchecking 'render perfect' in the sphere settings?

2017-10-15, 14:33:16
Reply #684

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Roundedge shader is not working correctly, right now he create a round edge shader in all my edges of the mesh, even if i connect all objects to one he still does it, there are some options in this shader no idea if they fix it or not "affected only by, not affected by, same object only, same material only" but seems they are not working, i tested one by one and nothing happens. i will attach a printscreen of whats going on right now. thanks
« Last Edit: 2017-10-15, 14:53:28 by Marvey »

2017-10-15, 20:04:08
Reply #685

Silverwing

• Active Users
  • You don´t dream in cryo
    • View Profile
    • Silverwing-VFX
You can disable it, for it has no role with Corona (feature request - when activated "Use as Proxy")

Thanks, I did not know that! C4D-Render-Instances were recognized as Corona Instances before. Was that reverted?
If that´s not the case I +1 that feature request.

p.s. even though it might be doing nothing, UV´s should work nevertheless if on C4D Instance or not!

Have you tried unchecking 'render perfect' in the sphere settings?
Thanks for your input. Unfortunately it´s already a poly object, not a primitive. So "perfect sphere" is not the cause!

2017-10-15, 20:05:07
Reply #686

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Just my 5 cents.

Large cottage scene which was crushing C4d before is now rendering ok in both IR and PV. For now all is fine.

I did not notice any brighter lights, coz I mostly use Corona Sky/Sun, HDRI and Light material.

Special thanks to developers!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-15, 21:07:09 by Kost4d »

2017-10-15, 23:50:40
Reply #687

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I did not notice any brighter lights, coz I mostly use Corona Sky/Sun, HDRI and Light material.
Indeed, only Corona Light object renders in different brightness, other lighting objects/shaders/materials work fine.

You can disable it, for it has no role with Corona (feature request - when activated "Use as Proxy")

Thanks, I did not know that! C4D-Render-Instances were recognized as Corona Instances before. Was that reverted?
If that´s not the case I +1 that feature request.

It's VRayForC4D that has proxies behave in such way -> V-Ray Proxy 2 – Render Instances (manual)

p.s. even though it might be doing nothing, UV´s should work nevertheless if on C4D Instance or not!
I absolutely agree, i only offered a temp. solution - you can use it, if you choose so ;)

2017-10-16, 10:53:55
Reply #688

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
... caused by having Render Instance active on Sphere instance. You can disable it, for it has no role with Corona (feature request - when activated "Use as Proxy")

Whoa man, where did you get that from!? I mean - sure, some things might not work correctly with render instances in IR, but overall, using render instances does have a significant beneficial effect on memory usage in your scenes, so if possible you should use them.

Sorry for jumping into the conversation like this, but would you mind elaborating why you think that render instances "have no role with Corona"? Thanks

2017-10-16, 11:17:36
Reply #689

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Roundedge shader is not working correctly, right now he create a round edge shader in all my edges of the mesh, even if i connect all objects to one he still does it, there are some options in this shader no idea if they fix it or not "affected only by, not affected by, same object only, same material only" but seems they are not working, i tested one by one and nothing happens. i will attach a printscreen of whats going on right now. thanks
Hi Marvey,

Thank you for the bug report. The "Affected only by" and "Not affected by" options don't work in IR. I am fixing it right now.

Nikola