Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 205728 times)

2017-05-08, 13:52:43
Reply #240

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile
Guys, how can I remove the latest beta (05.05) and install RC2 back instead? Ive tried just installing RC2, but Cinema crashes each time I try to render something!

Have you tried manually remove folder from Cinema 4D plugins folder and than instal RC2?

2017-05-08, 15:05:55
Reply #241

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
Yup, didnt work, still crashes after that! Should I remove some additional files somewhere else?

2017-05-08, 15:08:14
Reply #242

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you trying to render a scene you have saved in the beta version? That causes crashes for sure.

2017-05-09, 07:13:31
Reply #243

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
Yes, thats what I tried to do! :D Anyways 'takes' batch render is now crashing, where it wasnt in RC2, is it possible to fix that?

2017-05-09, 09:30:03
Reply #244

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think if it's been saved with the beta already it's not backwards compatible so you might be out of luck with that scene. What's your issue with the latest beta? It's much better for me.

2017-05-09, 10:05:06
Reply #245

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
Takes in r17 is not working, it crashes once it finishes one render and switches to next one

2017-05-09, 10:10:42
Reply #246

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys, how can I remove the latest beta (05.05) and install RC2 back instead? Ive tried just installing RC2, but Cinema crashes each time I try to render something!
Hi YURII,

It would be better to fix your problem instead of reverting to such old version. What are the exact steps to reproduce your problem? Alternatively, you can send us simple scene (as minimal as possible) which causes the crash so we can simply open it, render it and immediately see the problem.

Thank you
Nikola

2017-05-09, 10:43:44
Reply #247

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
So, if you open up the scene, then go to WINDOW-TAKE MANAGER, then in manager choose RENDER-RENDER MARKED TAKES TO PV it renders first take (camera) and then switches to second take and stops rendering. In bigger scenes it causes app to crash, I dont know it is because of takes manager or denoising but it happens. Also Mac renders twice as fast compared to windows in identical scene on identical machine. ANd denoising works a bit differently now - shows multiple loaders one after another and there is no time/percentage whatsoever, so its hard to understand how much time it will take to complete.

2017-05-09, 13:18:48
Reply #248

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
Plus, it sometimes crashes after Ive been rendering for a while, then I open a new scene and just start rendering it.

2017-05-09, 14:30:23
Reply #249

Aenard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Quick update on the procedural Noise Bump :
Still here !

Renders :
Same basic noise, first in Bump (100%), then in Displace (1cm).

2017-05-10, 13:07:41
Reply #250

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Quick update on the procedural Noise Bump :
Still here !

Renders :
Same basic noise, first in Bump (100%), then in Displace (1cm).

Hi Aenard, yes this is a known bug and we haven't had the time to fix it yet. But thanks for reminding us!

2017-05-11, 06:47:46
Reply #251

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, Latest version seems pretty solid. I had a few repeatable crashes setting up the multipass seemed to crash first try rendering after I'd set up multipass then it would be fine after I re-opened C4D.

Also when rendering large renders such as 4K Corona really brings my computer to a sluggish state... Is there a way to cut back on how many CPUS are used? Even mousing around is glitchy...

- Shawn

2017-05-11, 09:54:22
Reply #252

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since you guys are still working on TR / DR, there is a feature that i would like to request implementing - if possible. (vray has this and its very handy)

please add an option / checkbox to select if your current machine (host) should render or just the slaves without the host (still host gets the image/layers in framebuffer ofc..)

2017-05-11, 15:15:41
Reply #253

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, Latest version seems pretty solid. I had a few repeatable crashes setting up the multipass seemed to crash first try rendering after I'd set up multipass then it would be fine after I re-opened C4D.

Also when rendering large renders such as 4K Corona really brings my computer to a sluggish state... Is there a way to cut back on how many CPUS are used? Even mousing around is glitchy...

- Shawn

Have you tried limiting the threads in the C4D prefs/renderer?

2017-05-11, 15:36:54
Reply #254

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

- Shawn

Have you tried limiting the threads in the C4D prefs/renderer?

I have but it seems Corona does not respect that setting...  Never mind! Seems that Corona does respect the Cinema global custom number of threads in the preferences! Cutting back on a couple threads really helps with overall system performance!
« Last Edit: 2017-05-11, 19:16:45 by astrofalcon »