Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 205557 times)

2017-04-26, 10:44:41
Reply #195

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

one question. Why do we need to run the installer in order to get Corona work as a TR Client? For the mainapp its ok to just copy corona into the pluginfolder and you are all ready to go. As for the company im working at this is quite a huge downside that cant just copy it to every TR Client. I need admin rights to run an installer which i dont have. Additionally doing this for currently 14 machines is quite timeconsuming as well. I wish i could use Corona with TR but since its so complicated to get the Clients working i cannot do that.

Maybe someone can give me an explanation for why the installer is needed?
Hi Lamarc,

it is enough to copy it. Did you try it? Or do you have some licencing problems on your clients?

2017-04-26, 11:03:28
Reply #196

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

the saving the file .exr from the corona image editor, it looks very different and overexposed.

no difference for me here..

2017-04-26, 11:11:39
Reply #197

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm getting a team render crash (libembree.2.12.0.dylib). Host machine is Mac Pro running 10.12.4, render node is Hackintosh running 10.10.5

Pretty much an immediate crash regardless of scene content.
Hi, I am fixing the teamrender right now. You can expect progress in stability in upcoming daily builds.

PS: You can use Windows computer as your render node instead of hackintosh as long as you have exactly the same version of Cinema, Corona and used plugins on both computers because teamrender is crossplatform.

any change you are goin to fix proxy support on TR too ? would it be possible to have the TR clients not render "lines" from bottom to top but rather the whole image like when only using 1 machine and no TR? on latest beta i need to remove pass limit for very big images, because my TR nodes stop rendering after my set 100 passes and the image isnt done more then 30% maybe.. the rest is beeing rendererd but only be the host.. it would be nice for TR nodes to EACH render the amount of set passes not split em.. i have to do the math myselfe atm splitting the image by number of nodes+host divided by their cores multiplied by GHZ XD so for example on a test image on big resulution i need 403 passes so that all machines are finished with the whole image around the same time lol :D

on the last alpha version, i could set 50 passes and use as many nodes as i wanted and after 50 passes the image was done (noisy but done completely) now its not the case anymore..

2017-04-26, 11:16:05
Reply #198

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i tried it - as soon as i launch the client the plugin doesnt appear in the pluginlist. If i try to render an image using TR to PV an error appears that all clients failed. Console writes this message:

Code: [Select]
IP218 - Knecht R18: (Error) Render-Job failed: Several plugins used in this project are missing. Saving may cause loss of plugin data! Plugin 'Corona' (ID 1030480) Plugin 'Corona Sun' (ID 1032153) Plugin 'Corona Sky' (ID 1032101) Plugin 'Corona Compositing' (ID 1036017) Plugin 'Portal' (ID 1035108)
a while back ive read that you need to install a complete version of c4d(not just the client) to be used with corona - is that the issue here?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-26, 11:36:26 by Lamarc »

2017-04-26, 12:17:05
Reply #199

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The ID passes in Coronaimage editor, is overexposed

2017-04-26, 12:52:58
Reply #200

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The ID passes in Coronaimage editor, is overexposed

Hi Fabio,

Try disabling the C4d LWF should go all the way back

Leo

2017-04-26, 13:32:01
Reply #201

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm getting a team render crash (libembree.2.12.0.dylib). Host machine is Mac Pro running 10.12.4, render node is Hackintosh running 10.10.5

Pretty much an immediate crash regardless of scene content.
Hi, I am fixing the teamrender right now. You can expect progress in stability in upcoming daily builds.

PS: You can use Windows computer as your render node instead of hackintosh as long as you have exactly the same version of Cinema, Corona and used plugins on both computers because teamrender is crossplatform.

any change you are goin to fix proxy support on TR too ? would it be possible to have the TR clients not render "lines" from bottom to top but rather the whole image like when only using 1 machine and no TR? on latest beta i need to remove pass limit for very big images, because my TR nodes stop rendering after my set 100 passes and the image isnt done more then 30% maybe.. the rest is beeing rendererd but only be the host.. it would be nice for TR nodes to EACH render the amount of set passes not split em.. i have to do the math myselfe atm splitting the image by number of nodes+host divided by their cores multiplied by GHZ XD so for example on a test image on big resulution i need 403 passes so that all machines are finished with the whole image around the same time lol :D

on the last alpha version, i could set 50 passes and use as many nodes as i wanted and after 50 passes the image was done (noisy but done completely) now its not the case anymore..
We definitely want to improve scheduling of teamrender but bugfixes are the priority for now. I have to test teamrender with proxy more and I will fix found problems of course.

2017-04-26, 13:44:58
Reply #202

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
i tried it - as soon as i launch the client the plugin doesnt appear in the pluginlist. If i try to render an image using TR to PV an error appears that all clients failed. Console writes this message:

IP218 - Knecht R18: (Error) Render-Job failed: Several plugins used in this project are missing. Saving may cause loss of plugin data! Plugin 'Corona' (ID 1030480) Plugin 'Corona Sun' (ID 1032153) Plugin 'Corona Sky' (ID 1032101) Plugin 'Corona Compositing' (ID 1036017) Plugin 'Portal' (ID 1035108)
a while back ive read that you need to install a complete version of c4d(not just the client) to be used with corona - is that the issue here?

Team render client is enough. Can you please tell me what is the version of your Cinema, Team render client and Corona and show me the exact path of Corona plugin on your client and list of files in this path because according to your error message, Corona plugin is not loaded during the start of client for some reason.

2017-04-26, 16:10:42
Reply #203

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
R18.048. As well as the clients. There are mac and win clients. Both dont see it. Corona Version is Beta1 from 17-04-07 (i know its not the most recent one). For the full file path: R:\pcm-intern\Maxon_Cinema4D\TeamRenderClient-R18-WIN\plugins\corona

The Plugins are the same as the main app. So that shouldnt be the issue.

Screenshot 52 - Client Folder
Screenshot 53 - Plugin Folder
Screenshot 54 - Corona Folder

edit: even deleted all other plugins and tried to run just with corona. No luck sadly
« Last Edit: 2017-04-26, 17:23:41 by Lamarc »

2017-04-26, 17:45:39
Reply #204

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-04-26, 18:18:22
Reply #205

hellyeah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Dominik Moser
Hi @all!

Just wanted to install the latest Beta on my Macbook pro (15inch, mid 2010) but Cinema R18.041 crashes at every start. At work i´ve got one of the last alphas on my MacPro, which ran super stable.

Any hints?

thx,
Dominik

2017-04-26, 19:38:36
Reply #206

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi @all!

Just wanted to install the latest Beta on my Macbook pro (15inch, mid 2010) but Cinema R18.041 crashes at every start. At work i´ve got one of the last alphas on my MacPro, which ran super stable.

Any hints?

thx,
Dominik
Hi Dominik, I can't help you without more information about your problem. Can you please send the crash report? Thank you

2017-04-26, 19:50:52
Reply #207

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
R18.048. As well as the clients. There are mac and win clients. Both dont see it. Corona Version is Beta1 from 17-04-07 (i know its not the most recent one). For the full file path: R:\pcm-intern\Maxon_Cinema4D\TeamRenderClient-R18-WIN\plugins\corona

The Plugins are the same as the main app. So that shouldnt be the issue.

Screenshot 52 - Client Folder
Screenshot 53 - Plugin Folder
Screenshot 54 - Corona Folder

edit: even deleted all other plugins and tried to run just with corona. No luck sadly

Everything looks good. Can you please start client with debug console by following command and send me the output?

"R:\pcm-intern\Maxon_Cinema4D\TeamRenderClient-R18-WIN\CINEMA 4D TeamRender Client.exe" g_console=true

2017-04-26, 19:52:48
Reply #208

hellyeah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Dominik Moser
Hi Nikola!

here we go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1DmQAr-FsesSGhVWGJjTTAxQWs/view?usp=sharing

THX!

ps: Great work, you created an awesome engine!
pps: what kind of license do i have to fill in as a Cinema User?

2017-04-27, 11:12:27
Reply #209

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola!

here we go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1DmQAr-FsesSGhVWGJjTTAxQWs/view?usp=sharing

THX!

ps: Great work, you created an awesome engine!
pps: what kind of license do i have to fill in as a Cinema User?

Thank you. According to the bug report, there is some problem with getting a licence from the server. I will create a special testing build with debug messages and I will send it to you to find the cause of the problems.