Gallery / Cliff House no.3
« Last post by burak demirci on Today at 15:35:07 »
My latest scene and renderings created for a furniture brand
I hope you guys like it

Softwares: 3ds max, corona 10, lightroom
https://www.instagram.com/bdvisualization/
Hardware / Re: Threadripper issues
« Last post by gmh_2001 on Today at 15:28:49 »
Have done a few tests..and by knocking out Corona Layered mat, the 64 core machines pull away and out perform the 3970x 32core machines. Interesting to say the least.
I can confirm there is little difference if any between Quadro RTX 4000 (old) and a 4090 -we have both. Mat editor and corona menus are still slow and laggy. Cheers.
« Last post by gmh_2001 on Today at 14:58:47 »
Have done a new local render (all assets local) and the 3970x and 3990x are neck and neck for render time. Something is not right. When you render a white model the 3990x pulls away and is much faster. I have noticed that this has become an issue since Corona 10.
[Max] Corona Goodies - User Contributions / Re: AgX in Corona
« Last post by piotrus3333 on Today at 14:20:06 »
Wait, so for any LUTs from outside Corona install we need either the string option or a gamma operator @0.45 before the LUT? I remember trying some LUTs from other sources but gave up thinking they were not the right type.

I do not know the story behind luts from Corona installer but, in general - yes - to have a lut do what it is supposed to do in Corona VFB you need gamma transform operator (1/2.2).
I guess the story why it all works like that is long forgotten as the support was unable to point me to the simple solution - the string option for adjusting VFB gamma. I dug it out from an old 2015 post.
« Last post by gmh_2001 on Today at 13:39:45 »
Try a local render of a scene that you can share. We can compare our times and see where the issue is. This will also rule out if it's any issue through network rendering.

I'm assuming all bioses are updated and you're running RAM at default? Did you build these systems yourself, or are these pre-built?

Prebuilt by Scan here in UK
« Last post by gmh_2001 on Today at 13:36:32 »
I have tried standalone and the results are the ~same. Yesterday I reinstalled windows 11 and installed everything from a local admin account to discount any user/group policy issues..same result. I use Pulze render manager for network jobs, but I don't think that's the culprit. Interestingly, if I render a chalk (white mat override) the 64 core machines do better than the 32 core machines!
[Max] Corona Goodies - User Contributions / Re: AgX in Corona
« Last post by pokoy on Today at 13:21:29 »
But when importing exr's from corona to fusion, there is a extra gamma applied (1.2?) because the image in fusion is much darker than in VFB. And then you need to specify the float gamma thing to have the same result in vfb and fusion ?

AgX luts for Corona from this thread are made for default Corona behaviour regarding gamma transforms in VFB. by default VFB has hidden 2.2 transform after the TONE MAPPING stack and effects. it also has hidden gamma transforms in every LUT operator.
if you are using my AgX luts there is no need for string option changing VFB's gamma behaviour ("float gamma thing").
Wait, so for any LUTs from outside Corona install we need either the string option or a gamma operator @0.45 before the LUT? I remember trying some LUTs from other sources but gave up thinking they were not the right type.
Since there was a Hotfix to Corona 11 and also the new 2024.4 had some promising new feature, I've installed both and tried out our beloved little bugs. Seems like the bug somehow changed . Now, the color stays after re-loading it from the Asset Browser (most of the time), but the Bump value still is replaced with the full 100%, instead of the previously set value before loading it into the database. Just for a quick update on the topic from my side.

This still seems very uncertain and I keep wondering why nothing has been fixed yet. I think it's partly due to corona and partly due to maxon. Maxon tells me to contact corona. Somehow it all seems very uncertain to me, it's a fundamental mistake that can lead to whole days of work being lost because you think everything is correctly stored in the library. We have to set up three workstations here so that either cinema4d (asset problem with corona) or corona (extremely slow loading of files that contain Corona Bitmap shader) works and that is just extremely nerve-wracking if nothing changes. I posted the error over 2 months ago and so far either the things couldn't be traced or you only get the feedback that it will be passed on. On the other hand, unimportant new functions are added instead of focusing on ensuring that everything works smoothly. Man, I'm really pissed off, sorry, but this needs to be heard. I have to take care of everything here and this  just doesn't work.
I think you can achieve that playing with translucency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10